Icicle - A Downloader for YouTube [Playbook]
My App was just released on BlackBerry World. It is a video downloader for YouTube. You can find it here:
BlackBerry World - Icicle - Downloader for YouTube - $2.99
It took a while for BlackBerry to approve it and in that space of time, I have managed to release bugfixes and optimization.
Why would you want this app?
I can't speak for you so I will tell you why I use this app. I have one of the first generation 64GB PlayBooks. Since I do not have 3G and because I have a long commute to work and back everyday, I use Icicle to download YouTube videos whenever I have WiFi and save them to my PlayBook. I can then view the videos on my commute. I particularly like the full length Documentaries that you can find on YouTube. Currently I do not have a download manager but I am actively working on building one so that I can then pause and continue my downloads whenever I am in a WiFi area.
Please post to this thread or contact me directly through the Support section of the PlayBook App. I hate bugs in software so I will expedite a fix or refund your money if you are not satisfied with the product.
* Search for YouTube Videos directly from the App
* Download and save YouTube Videos to your BlackBerry PlayBook for offline viewing
* Paste YouTube links directly into the search tab for instant download of video
* Filter Videos based on Quality and Size
* Change the download name of the downloaded video
* Save to either the Downloads or Videos folder
Here's the roadmap for whats to come:
* Support Vimeo Downloads
* Support SoundCloud Downloads
* Add a Download Manager to pause and resume your Video/Audio Downloads
* Copy links directly from PasteBin
Here are some screenshots:
- CrackBerry User
03-08-2013, 07:34 AM #7
- 35 Posts
I purchased stereotube based on the reviews on CB and BB world, Began regretting my actions just a few minutes after having used the app. The real shock came after wanting a refund, BB world has NO provision for such cases. This is stupid and i won't be buying anything from BB world unless they fix it. It's a major issue for me, Every other platform that I've used allows the user to either try the apps before buying or offer them a refund.
- CrackBerry Genius
03-08-2013, 08:29 AM #10
- 1,541 Posts
- Just PM
Its a Jquery HTML5 app! Very niceDeveloper of; Crackberry Forums Reader app -> Crackberry Forum App (NON-ANDROID)
Playbook + BB10 DEV , APPS ON REQUEST PLEASE PM ME
bbUI.js expert -- Need HELP ? Just PM me ! Blackberry Playbook 64GB
WEBWORKS APP DEVELOPER & APP CONVERTER + SIGNING
- 03-10-2013, 04:13 PM #19
Re: Icicle - A Downloader for YouTube [Playbook]
what is the deal when switching to bb10 will it work and will we have to pay again.
just got it seems to work fine although I think its not meant to download any video. some videos say something about media rigths won't allow to fetch data on sites other than youtube
also would it be a lot to as if you can add the music folder as a ddownload location? if possible.
Last edited by osbook; 03-10-2013 at 04:41 PM.
With regard to the download restrictions, this is something I haven't yet tackled, I don't have a firm idea if this problem can be fixed given the limitations of the platform. If you guys have an idea of any apps/sites that allow restricted videos to be downloaded, then please let me know via PM. Rest assured that this will always be the quest with Icicle.
Just as a heads up, that the Z10 version will most likely be sent out to BlackBerry for approval either Monday or Tuesday.
- 03-10-2013, 10:02 PM #22
Re: Icicle - A Downloader for YouTube [Playbook]
well I meant the update for the playbook version I currently don't have a z10. for now everything seems to work fine though so cool app.
one advantage I did find over using this is you avoid all the copy and pasting and switching around app or webpage you have everything there easy and with options. only downside is the digital management rigths thing wich honesly with cispa out there I found also helpful. so thanks
- 03-10-2013, 10:04 PM #23
I wanted to write in an express my gratitude to all of you who have been supporting the app! Thank you very much. I also wanted to let you guys know that I've submitted release 18.104.22.1683 to BlackBerry world and it has a brand new feature - Previews! Now you can quickly preview a video before you download it to figure out if you really want to save it or not. Some screenshots below. I also made it so you can just hit Enter on your virtual keyboard to search rather than having to manually dismiss the keyboard and then hit the search button. Hopefully a lot more to come!
As promised, I just submitted build 22.214.171.1244 to BlackBerry World. Here's what's new in this build:
- Download almost all videos including restricted Music Videos
- Added a new save location /media/music
- Made the save location sticky so you don't have to keep setting it all the time
As soon as BlackBerry approves the build, you guys should start seeing the update notices. Enjoy!
- By elchavodellethbridge in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 2Last Post: 10-30-2011, 02:33 PM
- By kmcobra64 in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 31Last Post: 10-05-2011, 04:25 PM
- By Hotskates in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 5Last Post: 07-18-2011, 07:12 PM
- By indabox in forum Storm 3rd Party AppsReplies: 59Last Post: 01-06-2010, 04:13 AM
- By datdude11 in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 9Last Post: 09-09-2009, 01:16 PM