I've a 16 gb BB Playbook. When I bought it 22nd April 2011, I would be able to access BB Apps world, see the installed apps ect. For a week now I have no access to BB Apps world. I get the message to check my internet (Wifi) connection. I'm very dissapointed. I tried to believe that the BB Playb ook was bringing joy to my life, but till now only regrets. If please RIM can give me a answer. That story from can't connect to apps world via tethering isn't enough. I don't use tethering, period.
    05-06-11 12:22 PM
    You should check your WIFI firewall settings. Have you tried some other wifi connection elswhere?
    amazinggrace1 likes this.
    05-06-11 01:58 PM
    Thnks voor the advice. I went to try on a next wifi with open access. Didn't work. I read in a thread about that if you bridge your smartphone with the bb playbook, the playbook would that over/copy all the setup from your smartphone. Does that influence/could that influence the access to apps worl on my playbook???

I appreciate any help.
    05-08-11 03:46 PM
    What country are you in? Appworld is only available to the Playbook in North America.

When you bridge with your phone, it will copy the wifi networks stored in your phone to the playbook.

There could also be a compatibility problem with your routers. Have you changed anything in your router in the past week to cause the problem or are you in a different location using a different router?
    Last edited by robsteve; 05-08-11 at 05:55 PM.
    05-08-11 05:50 PM
    Transfer your files such as music,pics and video to your pc using the desktop manager (dont use back up.when you restore you restore the problem as well)Then do a security swipe .It will factory reset your pb .Of course you have to go through initial set up like when you first got it .
    05-08-11 06:53 PM
    Hi, I did a hard reset. After the set up i tried to access apps world and I received a message. WE ARE VERY SORRY BUT YOUR xxyyy IS NOT SUPPORTED. So just like that I bought a tablet that I can not use in ST Maarten & surroundings! I am very very dissapointed for the way I, as a client being dealt with. Why do RIM sell sometrhing that not for the public. My bb curve goes on apps wrld no prblm/ It is not fair. Do unto other what you want to be done unto you!
    05-11-11 11:46 PM
    Now I know what is the prblm. CAn rim give me the solution so I can buy apps to use this expensive tablet.
    05-11-11 11:48 PM
    There is a thread regarding using the Playbook in unsupported countries via a VPN service. You may want to check this thread and possibly search for similar threads.

You could also check to see when Blackberry will be introducing the Playbook in your country. When that happens AppWorld would be available. Since you are on ST Maarten, you may get AppWorld when the Playbook is made available in France or Holland.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/ma...ntries-610818/
    05-12-11 08:12 AM
    Appworld is only available to the Playbook in North America.
    I dont think thats true, there are threads on this forum where people has reported to be able to use appworld in the UK, my guess is that if appworld works on your berry it should work on your playbook.
    05-12-11 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD