We now have 2 PlayBooks. One for our son and one for mom and dad. Can I download my purchased apps on to both devices?

Thanks
    11-24-12 08:13 AM
    We now have 2 PlayBooks. One for our son and one for mom and dad. Can I download my purchased apps on to both devices?

Thanks
    Yes you can but both the playbook should have the same BBID, you will find your purchased app under My world Tab>Uninstalled.
    ncardoso likes this.
    11-24-12 08:26 AM
    Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. That helped.
    11-24-12 08:45 AM
    One thing to be aware of is if they both have the same ID#, you can install apps on both......however, you won't be able to use the native video chat app as it only works with unique ID #s.
    11-24-12 08:54 AM
    If you use the same bbid there is slight complication using video chat, some say it doesn't work but some people have said they could connect using the playbook pin. Also BBM is supposed to be coming to playbook the with bb10 so this would probably mean the messages all appearing on both playbook.
    11-24-12 08:54 AM
    DONT USE THE SAME BB ID FOR 2 DIFFERENT PLAYBOOKS. if you switch 15 times within a year, then you will not be able to switch again and will have A LOT OF ISSUES With app world
    11-25-12 05:21 AM
    This is the first I have heard of this. My wife and I wife each have a PB under my BBID, I am giving both my boys 32 GB PB for Christmas and was going to load them up with my account. Might not be a good idea now if this is true, as they will be in and out of App World daily.
    Is it a calender year Jan to Dec that you are talking about?
    11-25-12 07:20 AM

Thanks
    You might be able to but then you become a thief.
    Check out the fine print.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    11-25-12 08:03 AM
    You are allowed Up to 5 BB devices per BBID. That part about switching 15 times a year is nonsense.
    11-25-12 08:13 AM
    There sure seems to be a lot of confusion on this issue. BBMac, mkelly65 - do either of you have a link or something to the policies you cite? I've seen this question come up over and over again. It would be great to finally settle it.
    BBMak likes this.
    11-25-12 11:08 AM
    KB25553-"There are too many PIN changes associated with this account (Error ID: 30801)" is encountered when attempting to login to BlackBerry App World

check out that link

"There are too many PIN changes associated with this account (Error ID: 30801)" is encountered when attempting to login to BlackBerry App World

When attempting to login to BlackBerry App World™ storefront with a BlackBerry ID, the following error is generated:

There are too many PIN changes associated with this account (Error ID: 30801)

Note: BlackBerry App World will only allow up to 15 BlackBerry device changes within a year. For more information on support for BlackBerry App World, please click here .

Cause
    BlackBerry App World will only allow up to 15 BlackBerry device changes within a year.

Additional Information
    Note: Contact your service provider if you have reached the maximum number of device swaps in error.
    11-25-12 09:49 PM
    here, I read:
    When you use your existing BlackBerry ID to log in to BlackBerry App World on your new device, you can re-install your apps on your new device from the MyWorld screen. You can re-install apps that you bought on up to four additional devices each year without paying for the apps again. Apps that you archived on a media card can also be re-installed from the My World screen. Additional data charges might apply to re-install apps.
    Now, I don't know if this applies to phones only, since we read '15' in the previous ref...
    11-26-12 03:47 AM
    Actually, i have been having a big issue with app world payments on the playbook. After calling RIM, and after 2 hours of going back and forth trying to figure out whats going on, it turns out that every time you use Blackberry ID on a different device (example, purchase an app on app world on the playbook, then purchase an app on your BB with the same id), it counts as a device switch. Also, if you wipe your phone and reenter your id, it counts as a device switch. I am not sure what the "year" stands for, but RIM's customer service have issued me a ticket, and recommended i change my bbid on the playbook and they will figure out a way to transfer all my paid apps to my new BBID or to refund me.

People should stop recommending others to use the same BBID on 2 devices simultaneously.

KB 28543

Environment
    BlackBerry ID
    BlackBerry PlayBook
    Overview
    BlackBerry ID is designed to allow a convenient and secure method to authenticate your identity across various BlackBerry related products and services. This allows for seamless transferring and sharing of information across the products or services that the account has been authorized for. (Example: A user can have the same BlackBerry ID authenticated to a BlackBerry smartphone and a BlackBerry PlayBook to share billing information for purchases with BlackBerry App World.)

Due to this sharing of information, it is not recommended to share a BlackBerry ID between multiple users.

Additional Information
    Expected behaviors when a BlackBerry ID is associated to multiple devices of the same product lines (Example: Same BlackBerry ID used on 2 PlayBooks or 2 smartphones):

BlackBerry App World

When going into My World to download or purchase an application, change payment information, or manage the account details, a prompt to change the PIN associated to the account will be presented each time another device with the same BlackBerry ID attempts to connect to the BlackBerry App World account
    Note: There is a maximum of 15 (unique) device swaps per product line allowed in one year. Contact your service provider if you have reached the maximum number of device swaps in error.

BlackBerry News

Subscriptions will be synchronized across all authorized devices

BlackBerry Internet Service (smartphones only)

The BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) account is linked to the carrier billing identifier (SIM, ICCID, IMSI and MSISDN are common billing identifiers). Therefore if a different billing identifier (SIM) and different smartphone is used a new BIS account will be created and each smartphone will manage their own email addresses associated to each smartphone. This means that if you are using 2 smartphones and 2 billing Identifiers (SIMs) you will have 2 separate BIS accounts and will have to integrate your email addresses separately.
    For more information on moving email accounts with the BlackBerry Internet Service, see the BlackBerry smartphone section of the BlackBerry Internet Service User Guide located here.

BlackBerry Protect (smartphones only)

Each smartphone using the same BlackBerry ID will maintain it's own backups/information in the BlackBerry Protect management site
    All smartphones associated to the same BlackBerry ID can be managed in the BlackBerry Protect management site by anyone who has the BlackBerry ID login information

Video Chat (PlayBook only)

Video Chat requests can only be received by one PlayBook at at time. If multiple PlayBooks are using the same BlackBerry ID, only one of them will receive an incoming Video Chat request
    Connectivity will be sporadic between any active PlayBooks using the same BlackBerry ID
    For more information, see KB26851.
    11-26-12 05:40 AM
    I am confused!
    We have bought a second PB and it should be here today.

How do I set the BBID - Is that just the mail I register the PB under? Serial number will no doubt be different.

Once I have set the BBID on the new PB, will BBworld automatically show the apps we have bought and show them as uninstalled?

I am going with what it said above, that we can install on up to 5 devices. For us it will be two, and mostly as backup in case one PB fails or is broken.
    07-15-13 11:43 AM
    When running through the initialization, just use the same BBID you used for the first pb for the second. Then go to appworld - you might need to Refresh ( near the upper left hand corner) and/or check UNinstalled apps. You might get some warning - proceed to reinstall.
    07-15-13 12:46 PM
    Ok thanks. Still waiting for UPS truck
    FF22 likes this.
    07-15-13 01:00 PM
    I've had 3 PlayBooks running with the same BBID since February. Whatever I install on one, I reinstall on the other two. I've never run into any issue doing this, neither with installing new apps or with upgrading any of them. I simply get confirmation messages for associating my BBID with that particular PlayBook.
    07-16-13 06:15 AM
    I've had 3 PlayBooks running with the same BBID since February. Whatever I install on one, I reinstall on the other two. I've never run into any issue doing this, neither with installing new apps or with upgrading any of them. I simply get confirmation messages for associating my BBID with that particular PlayBook.
    I am thinking of doing a wipe of my 32gig so that it can have the same bbid as the 64. The only app that I've purchased twice is Battery Guru.
    07-16-13 10:28 AM