When I got my first Playbook I purchased some apps from BB App world. I liked my Playbook so much that I got one for my wife. I assume that these apps will have to be purchased again in order to have them on the second Playbook ?
    01-01-12 03:09 PM
    in theory you need to purchase licenses for every non free app you have in use, unless the eula says you can buy one copy and install in multiple locations.

there are ways around it, but they aren't exactly legal in licensing terms
    01-01-12 03:16 PM
    You might be able to share if you use the same bbid.. Can anyone confirm?
    01-01-12 03:16 PM
    You might be able to share if you use the same bbid.. Can anyone confirm?
    True. Only down fall on that, would be using Video Chat.
    alnamvet68 and spike12 like this.
    01-01-12 03:22 PM
    Just use your BBID on the 2nd PB... it'll be fine, and RIM believes this to be legit as they let you have up to five PB's associated with the same BBID.

Read this for more...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-678304/
    01-01-12 03:40 PM
    Just use your BBID on the 2nd PB... it'll be fine, and RIM believes this to be legit as they let you have up to five PB's associated with the same BBID.

Read this for more...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-678304/
    People like you (and others) are the reason I keep coming back to the crack. Thanks for the informative and positive message.
    01-01-12 03:44 PM
    When I got my first Playbook I purchased some apps from BB App world. I liked my Playbook so much that I got one for my wife. I assume that these apps will have to be purchased again in order to have them on the second Playbook ?
    What if you backed up your pb to your computer, then reloaded it on your seconx pb.?
    01-01-12 03:53 PM
    People like you (and others) are the reason I keep coming back to the crack. Thanks for the informative and positive message.
    Awwwh shucks...

Seriously, you're very welcome and I'm happy to help. It's what forums should be about and it's enlighted self-interest on my part really. I'm continually learning myself from other people on this forum so it's only right that I pass back some of the information that I've picked-up along the way.
    Chaddface likes this.
    01-01-12 03:56 PM
    What if you backed up your pb to your computer, then reloaded it on your seconx pb.?
    I believe that a restore to a different PB can also work though I've not tried it myself, but backup (particularly of Apps) is a bit problematic for many PB owners (that's polite code for backup being broken ) - so you might not have a backup to restore!

So using the same BBID on both PBs is probably easier unless you have hundreds of Apps.
    01-01-12 04:01 PM
    yup, i traded in my 16gb for a 32, logged in with bbid and there i can reinstall all my paid and free apps from previous playbook. no re-purchase required.
    01-01-12 06:14 PM
    The first PB has my BBID and when I purchased the second PB it was setup with a BBID for my wife in order to use "Voice Chat".
    when I tried to put the apps I had purchased in the new PB I recieved the message "You cannot change users on the Playbook. Please Login with the orginal BBID used on this Playbook"
    Am I missing something as I didn't get the same message noted above..
    Thanks
    01-02-12 11:13 AM
    The apps are attached to your BBID. If you set up another PB with a different BBID you will have to purchase the apps again.
    01-02-12 12:02 PM
    If you would like to reset your bbid to another account you will need to security wipe.
    01-02-12 12:20 PM
    OP: You'll have to choose between video chatting capability and having all your Apps on both Playbooks without paying twice, I'm afraid.

Video chat will only work between Playbooks that have different BBIDs.

The option to re-load the Apps from AppWorld to multiple Playbooks that you own requires all the Playbooks to have the same BBID.

Only you can decide which option suits your needs.

The reason you got the error message was because your wife's PB already had her BBID associated with it. As said above, you'll need to enter your original BBID on your wife's PB during the initialisation screens that you get following a Security Wipe.

Be aware: A Security Wipe is the nuclear option - all data and settings on the PB will be permanently "gone". Which is its purpose - it's to clear all your info off the PB before you sell it to someone else.

So, if your wife's PB has anything you want to keep, do a backup first.
    Last edited by JeepBB; 01-02-12 at 01:31 PM.
    solos60 likes this.
    01-02-12 01:29 PM
    Many Thanks JeepBB.. from a Canadian that now clearly understands
    01-02-12 04:33 PM
    ....and yet another happy PB owner thanks to the folks here on crack.
    01-02-12 05:08 PM

Video chat will only work between Playbooks that have different BBIDs.
    DAMN! There goes my idea of videochatting with my image in a mirror on my other playbook!
    01-02-12 06:20 PM
    DAMN! There goes my idea of videochatting with my image in a mirror on my other playbook!
    ROFLMAO!!!! Is that what you were testing to do in your avatar? *giggle*
    01-02-12 06:24 PM
    Yes and it wasn't easy holding the cards just right and making sure my identifying birthmarks and tattoos weren't showing ..
    01-02-12 06:35 PM
    As I've said before, strike one against PB. Apple's iPad/iTunes allows you to home share..meaning you can log into iTunes and download your family's apps you've bought under their id...and relogin to your iPad after disconnecting...no repurchasing apps you've already bought
    01-12-12 11:44 PM
    As I've said before, strike one against PB. Apple's iPad/iTunes allows you to home share..meaning you can log into iTunes and download your family's apps you've bought under their id...and relogin to your iPad after disconnecting...no repurchasing apps you've already bought
    The same can be done with the PB so long as you use the same BBID on all your PB/devices. As a bonus, if one already has iTunes, when you sync your PB via DM, all your music on iTunes automatically downloads to your PB. Grandslam for Playbook!
    01-13-12 04:56 AM
    Theoretically you can associate 5 devices (per year) to a bb ID and licenses are supposed to transfer upon device switch. When it works it works well, when it doesn't it's an infinite loop of unresolved customer support issues that cause you to jump ship to the competition. When my licenses didn't transfer, after 4 weeks of back and fourth emails, numerous requests for a $40 fee for support and support staff that had no clue, and advice to just repurchase $200 worth of apps (with the SAME BBID mind you!) I just said screw it.

Don't buy the apps again, hope that the transfer works. I wasn't your typical case bc I used a number of devices, sometimes 3 different ones in a week, but the switch should be seamless and for me it wasn't.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    01-13-12 06:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD