How can we watch movies on the playbook. I have two movies downloaded from Digital Copies (MP4 format).. What do I need to watch these movies and are they in the correct format?

Thanks.

Tom
    11-30-11 07:30 PM
    The playbook can play MP4s, but it can only read certain audio and video codecs, so you may need to convert to the right format using Handbrake

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    jjca likes this.
    11-30-11 07:44 PM
    ^^^What he said. I have had to convert movies that "should" have worked with Handbrake. Once I did that, they worked fine.
    11-30-11 08:16 PM
    Great... what is the correct codecs for the playbook? Please forgive my ignorance... new to the Playbook world... first day.
    11-30-11 09:20 PM
    Also did you all get an application error when you loaded your source file into Handbrake? That is scary.
    11-30-11 09:26 PM
    Issues usually occur on the audio track. The Playbook can't handle AC3 which most movies/shows are in. Have to convert to AAC audio.

kmttg - Tivo To Go made easy - Google Project Hosting

This program, while meant for tivo users has encoding profiles you can use for re-encoding local files using handbrake or ffmpeg. The ipad or Xoom profiles work OK. You can tweak if you like.
    11-30-11 09:41 PM
    I have two movies that I had to register via iTunes... does this matter?
    11-30-11 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD