Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How to port my Flash Game to the Playbook?

I have my .swf all ready to go made specifficly for the Playbook, so how do I port it over to a .bar?
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by byteninja1 View Post
    I have my .swf all ready to go made specifficly for the Playbook, so how do I port it over to a .bar?
    From what I read you need to embed it in a webworks app. Go to the BB developers website for the tools and Webworks SDK should be there. I am no developer, so that is about as much help as I can give. Sorry.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,723 Global Posts
    PIN
    BBM & Kik (ask)

Default Re: How to port my Flash Game to the Playbook?

After loading the Air for PlayBook SDK, you can build your app directly in Flash Builder. You'll needed to get a set of keys to sign your app, but Flash Builder will take care of creating the .bar file for you.

There is more info on their developer portal.
    RuneCryption - Unique memory game for PlayBook & BB10, now "Built for BlackBerry".
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

But I have already built my app.
    CrackBerry Addict

I'd check out the Adobe AIR SDK first because Xopher probably is more knowledgable than I am and you can see if there is an option to import what you have done already. Also, if that doesn't work, check out WebWorks, also in that link Xopher provided, because I am 99% sure WebWorks allow for you to embed your swf file. Now I am not sure how it would work (if it is for video files only, or interactive games), but you can try it and test it.

Unless you are willing to wait a bit and see if you can get help on this relatively specialized (Ie developer) help, it might be better for you to download those 2 SDKs and test it.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,723 Global Posts
    PIN
    BBM & Kik (ask)

Default Re: How to port my Flash Game to the Playbook?

If you already built the app, import the source code into Flash Builder. It will create the .bar file and allow you to sign it, plus add in any permissions the app needs.

You might also be able to embed it into a WebWorks app, but I don't know much about that development cycle. I know that natively, the PlayBook expects Flash apps to be AIR (Action Script) apps.
    RuneCryption - Unique memory game for PlayBook & BB10, now "Built for BlackBerry".