Hope this helps someone...
    These are the steps i followed to make Gmail Work.

A.

1) Login to Gmail or Apps from your laptop and create a new Label "ArchivePB"
    2) Using Chrome, download the UA Spoofer (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...hl=en-US&gl=US), click and set to iphone 4, then go tool | options | Under the Hood | Content Settings and "Do not Allow" Javascript
    3) Go to m.google.com/sync and click on Playbook then check the box "Enable "Delete Email As Trash" for this device." Do Not touch the other setting or you will mess up your playbook...
    3a) Bonus step: While you are on this page you can change the word "false" to "true" in the URL to show all your Gmail/Apps calendar and check the additional one you want them to sync with the playbook

B.
    1) Restart the email app on your playbook
    2) If you want to Delete an item, use the trash can and Gmail/Apps will send to Trash.
    2a) You can also file the email in the folder "Trash". If you do it this way, the email will also be available immediately in the Trash folder on the PB. If you use the trashcan, the email is nuked from PB but it will eventually come back to the trash folder on the PB once imap syncs again.
    3) To Star an email, file it to the folder "Starred" under [Gmail] using the PB
    4) and finally to Archive an email, file to the new folder you created "ArchivePB"

Look forward to more input on how to make the Gmail experience better...
    rickster21 and wobly like this.
    02-25-12 12:19 AM
    Do you know if there is a way to access "All" mail - and Archived mail as well?

Using Gmail from the desktop mostly - and sometimes I just need to archive mail without labelling it... and - of course I sometimes need to access that mail... I cannot find any way on the PB to access those mails....

I hope we soon will get the same Advanced Gmail search capability in PB as we have on BBOS7.1
    02-25-12 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD