Install ES File explorer in your PlayBook Android App player

Copy the .mobi from you network share to /sdcard /kindle folder

Open Kindle and you will see the books available for reading

If .mobi files are already on your Playbook:
    1.) Using ES file explorer map your playbook as lan share
    3.) Copy the .mobi files from playbook folders to /sdcard/kindle folder

bar files for both ES file Explorer and Kindle should be available here:

http://bit.ly/apk2bar (Kindle link did not work for me so I downloaded the bar from http://goodereader.com/blog/uploads/files/kindle.zip )

A super easy way to install bar files if not already figured it out

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...pworld-615199/

Please let me know if anyone finds this useful or would like more detailed steps with screenshots
    rustmonkey, fbloise and Stwor like this.
    12-25-11 01:37 PM
    can you go into more detail as to how to map it as a lan share? thanks
    12-26-11 11:48 PM
    I just use Astro to copy the .mobi files from my /accounts/1000/shared/books folder to /sdcard/kindle (have done the same with ghost commander, it works too).
    12-27-11 01:35 AM
    I used ESFile Explorer. With Astro ?I could copy the files (always force closing)
    12-27-11 10:51 AM
    I used Astro also with the first OS2 beta, but it doesn't work when I foolishly alowed OS2 to update. In fact, I don't think Kindle works on the latest version 2.0.0.6. The app sideloads ok and boots. I can access the kindle store. SO I figured if I couldn't create a directory /sdcard/kindle, maybe I would just buy one of the free kindle books and download it and it would create it's own directory. No go !!!! I am assuming all of you have v2.0.0.4. If not, how did you get kindle working properly with books? If yes, then DO NOT allow upgrade to v2.0.0.6. RIM has put a severe clamp on where one or an app can have access. This is and will cause a problem going forward unless access to this location is allowed.

Any thoughts?
    12-27-11 01:04 PM
    Astro and Kindle both work on 2.0.0.6149. The kindle directory is at /sdcard/kindle for me, I didn't create this dir though... I security wiped between the two 2.0.0.4xxx releases and sideloaded kindle on 2.0.0.4869 (i'm assuming it created it's own dir as I didn't)...
    I just copy and paste .mobi's to this folder.
    12-27-11 02:58 PM
    Simply using ES File Explorer to copy and paste into the kindle folder works fine for me... I did not create the folder, I didn't security wipe before upgrading to 2.0... I pretty much didn't do any of the stuff I should have for it to work... weird
    12-27-11 10:21 PM
    After much research I decided to just do a security wipe (after I re-signed for the Beta OS again) and installed v2.0.0.6xxx cleanly. The result was that \sdcard had a number of directories already in there and I was able to create a kindle dir and move my books into it. Kindle now sees my sideloaded books no problem. I think my problem was due to the fact v.2.0.0.4xxx was upgraded to v2.0.0.6xxx and when that happened, all the books in the kindle dir were erased as well as negatively affecting the \sdcard directory. Problem solved.
    12-28-11 12:40 PM
    Just connect playbook to computer and copy files to:

Z:\misc\android\kindle

That's it, no aditional steps needed

L.
    12-28-11 04:43 PM

L.
    Funny but didnt work for me. Back to searching google for a solution

P
    01-10-12 12:52 PM

L.
    Worked a treat for me from my mac!! Cheers Stwor! =)
    01-26-12 08:23 PM
    Well, it's not exactly personal document sharing, but I can convert the document in Calibre to .mobi and get by. Now, I can be a little more patient for a ported .bar for Kindle 3.5 or later or (here's a novel idea) a native Kindle App with Personal Document Sharing for my new PlayBook.
    06-22-12 07:05 PM
    Thank you and of course I missed the fact that Playbook shows as a drive in Windows.
    04-08-14 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD