I've had my PlayBook for about two months and i'm also a BB Developer. But I don't know what to download to create apps for the PlayBook! Any help!?

p.s. if you know which one to download leave the link

Matt, 14
    06-28-11 05:30 PM
    Take a look at this link. You can then choose AIR or Web Works.
    BlackBerry - Tablet OS - Calling All Apps for the BlackBerry Tablet OS

The developer forums are a good place to research and ask/answer questions.
    Tablet OS SDK for Adobe AIR - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    06-28-11 05:52 PM
    Adobe Flash Builder is what I use - but that can be costly.

Not totally sure what others are using, but that's what I'm going with.

You'll also need the
    - blackberry-tablet-sdk-1.1.0
    - BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for TabletOS 2.1.0.6 (if you're going that route)
    - Adobe AIR SDK
    - Signing keys

I'd take a look here: http://us.blackberry.com/developers/tablet/adobe.jsp
    06-28-11 05:55 PM
    Adobe Flash Builder is what I use - but that can be costly.

I'd take a look here: BlackBerry - Tablet OS SDK for Adobe AIR Development Resources
    Follow the steps in that link and use the Blackberry Developer forum to search for snags you might run into about the simulator and debug tokens (the 2 most common headaches).
    06-28-11 08:26 PM
    Take a look at this link. You can then choose AIR or Web Works.
    BlackBerry - Tablet OS - Calling All Apps for the BlackBerry Tablet OS

The developer forums are a good place to research and ask/answer questions.
    Tablet OS SDK for Adobe AIR - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    So to develop with AIR you must purchase AIR for the desktop or is that a freebie if you own, say the Adobe Creative Suite?
    06-28-11 08:35 PM
    You don't buy AIR... AIR's the runtime environment from Adobe which comes with your PlayBook, and which you can download freely for your desktop machine.

There are non-free development tools from Adobe (and presumably elsewhere), including Flash Builder which is the biggy they push for this.

Some of us just use the command line tools in the SDK, and a text editor, and various other tools, and don't pay a dime (legally! ).
    06-28-11 09:34 PM
    You don't buy AIR... AIR's the runtime environment from Adobe which comes with your PlayBook, and which you can download freely for your desktop machine.

There are non-free development tools from Adobe (and presumably elsewhere), including Flash Builder which is the biggy they push for this.

Some of us just use the command line tools in the SDK, and a text editor, and various other tools, and don't pay a dime (legally! ).
    Thanks -
    So AIR is kind of a script player?
    Is Flash Builder different than Flash? Forgive my newbeeness, I'm a graphic designer for GUI's, not a programmer and interested in animating some graphics on Playbook (with touch controls) designed with Flash.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 06-28-11 at 09:39 PM.
    06-28-11 09:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD