When i uninstall an app I still can find it from. Uninstall list. How could I clear the uninstall list? Thanks
    04-07-12 09:46 PM
    Why do you want to?
    04-07-12 10:03 PM
    Why do you want to?
    Why do you need to ask?

Well, I want to know also. We could be those people out there who's abit obsessive with cleanliness, neatness and simple interface.

- Charles
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    04-07-12 10:07 PM
    Not taking space on ur device plus it lets u keep on changing ur mind
    04-07-12 11:02 PM
    Plus, I believe that if you uninstall a paid app it lets you reinstall without being charged again.
    04-07-12 11:22 PM
    Not taking space on ur device plus it lets u keep on changing ur mind
    It may not be taking space, but it's annoying. Especially since the uninstalled apps also appear on my 9930 even though they only apply to the PB. My GF likes to try lots of apps. She now has a long list of apps she has no intention of ever installing again.

Why is it when someone wants CHOICE, they seem to get shotdown in these forums these days?
    04-07-12 11:58 PM
    Also..I'm hesitabt to try free apps cause I don't want to clog my uninstalled list.

Try scrolling through a uninstalled list that has 100 apps you tried.
    bbfan1040 and Denus like this.
    04-08-12 12:02 AM
    Also..I'm hesitabt to try free apps cause I don't want to clog my uninstalled list.

Try scrolling through a uninstalled list that has 100 apps you tried.

Yes same problem here. I even sent an email to RIM on this and I got no reply back.

Sent from BlackBerry Bold 9900
    04-08-12 12:18 AM
    I still don't understand. If you don't like clogging up your uninstalled list, or having to scroll through your uninstalled list, then just don't open your uninstalled list. What are you looking for in there anyway?
    04-08-12 01:04 AM
    dont worry about the playbook list of apps showing on your phone for much longer.
    soon there will be an option to filter out other devices on your phone 9its in the works in the beta zone as we speak)

but yes it IS annoying as when you have to scroll thru 100+ uninstalled apps to find one you want to reinstall or try again. there should be an option to hide/delete things from your lists if YOU want to.
    04-08-12 02:27 AM
    I still don't understand. If you don't like clogging up your uninstalled list, or having to scroll through your uninstalled list, then just don't open your uninstalled list. What are you looking for in there anyway?
    The reason I last went to my uninstall list was that when I upgraded to OS2, I needed to do a security wipe without restoring my application settings (I'd used the Android Player), so I had to go down a list of 500 or so apps searching for the 200 or so that I wanted, and after setting one to install it brought me all the way back to the top of the list, which wasn't so bad at first, but then I had to scroll through 200+ apps, select one, scroll through the same 200+ apps again, etc...
    FF22 likes this.
    04-08-12 09:10 AM
    The reason I last went to my uninstall list was that when I upgraded to OS2, I needed to do a security wipe without restoring my application settings (I'd used the Android Player), so I had to go down a list of 500 or so apps searching for the 200 or so that I wanted, and after setting one to install it brought me all the way back to the top of the list, which wasn't so bad at first, but then I had to scroll through 200+ apps, select one, scroll through the same 200+ apps again, etc...
    Same same. Swipe to hide/archive or similar would be nice.
    04-08-12 09:17 AM
    When i uninstall an app I still can find it from. Uninstall list. How could I clear the uninstall list? Thanks
    You have posted this thread in wrong group. This discussion group is for PLAYBOOK not for Phones.
    It is creating confusion, so please remove it and post in right group.
    04-08-12 09:24 AM
    You have posted this thread in wrong group. This discussion group is for PLAYBOOK not for Phones.
    Pretty sure OP is talking about Playbook, not a phone.

Anyway, don't think there is a way to do it sadly. Might be a nice idea, but it's not there now. I think the only option would be creating a new BB account and starting a fresh (meaning re-purchasing apps) which is obviously not an option for most people.
    04-08-12 09:43 AM
    If you took the time to read the previous posts you'd see that they are about the PLAYBOOK. The only one confused is you.
    04-08-12 11:40 AM
    As much as they need a filter to separate phone apps from PB apps, they also need an indicator on whether the app was acquired free or paid, and for which device it was purchased for. My uninstall list has things that only work on a Storm, Storm 2, PB, Bold 9900 and a Torch 9860.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Crackberry's Tapatalk
    04-08-12 12:55 PM
    the phones beta appworld seems to be working towards all of this.
    you can hide apps (but they seem to show up again as soon as you close and reload appworld or refresh your app list)
    and now theres a drop down item with the installed/uninstalled/upgrades/subscriptions/gifted subscriptions/OTHER DEVICES

i hope this comes over to the playbook soon.

what id LOVE to see is a checklist approach to install/uninstall/upgrade/reinstall apps

doing this process one by one by one and having to go back and forth thru screens on BOTH devices (depending on which youre using) suuuuuuuucckkks lol
    04-13-12 12:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD