...built for Blackberry or needs to be sideloaded,,, i don't want to load anything built for other platforms, i.e. Android, etc,,, been checkin' out Gamelofts' stuff & they look good from reviews & input here, but, don't want to install anything un-blackberry...
    01-11-13 06:59 AM
    I think you really are asking two questions here. An app needs to be sideloaded if it doesn't appear in Blackberry World (or you've downloaded it from a pirate site). That doesn't tell you if the app is native or Android though. There is nothing in Blackberry World yet (maybe in the future if we are lucky) to indicate if an app is native or an Android port. However, if you install the app, you can usually tell if it came from Android. Swipe down from the top and if you get a bar across the bottom with a back arrow on one side and an info button on the other - it's Android.

I hope that helps.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    01-11-13 07:36 AM
    thanks,,, basically i'm trying to be able to tell if a game is android, or other platform, before i buy it,,, for now i'd just like to know if the modern combat games are built for BB & can you play them both in single & multi-player,,, when they say you need to be online to play, do they mean wifi? or can i play via bridge??? which is better, MC2 or MC3???
    01-11-13 08:38 AM
    mc2 has multiplayer and mc3 doesnt. Im not sure if you can play via bb bridge though you should be. Gameloft games are all blackberry only games. so are a few others. Basically, if it's by a popular developer its blackberry but if its by a random person, odds are its android. Though there are a few examples
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    01-11-13 06:16 PM
    mc2 has multiplayer and mc3 doesnt. Im not sure if you can play via bb bridge though you should be. Gameloft games are all blackberry only games. so are a few others. Basically, if it's by a popular developer its blackberry but if its by a random person, odds are its android. Though there are a few examples
    thanks man,,, 'preciate that,,, from the looks of the screenshots, the graphics look great,,, would i be playing against pc's also or just other ppl on BB's???
    01-11-13 08:10 PM
    Dont write off a game or app because it may be an android port. I have many android ports on my PB and they are excellent.
    01-11-13 08:49 PM
    Dont write off a game or app because it may be an android port. I have many android ports on my PB and they are excellent.
    i hear ya,,, i'm just gonna stick to playbook specific games/apps for now,,, once i get what i need/want loaded, i'll look @ their stuff & see if there's anything that suits my needs to fill the gaps...

p.s. wonderin' who modded my post title,,, don't think it was necessary & @ least you could ask...
    01-11-13 09:41 PM
    Rim does not permit developers to identify their apps as Android. A screenshot might show evidence of the Android Status Bar. After purchase, the same bar can be revealed by swiping downward from the top bezel or swiping horizontally (right to left) across the bottom bezel.

Here's what that would look like, if you look at the bottom of each image, they show the Arrow on the left and other images on the right:
    Attached Thumbnails How Can I Tell If A Game Is built for Blackberry?-androidstatus.jpg   How Can I Tell If A Game Is built for Blackberry?-androidstatus1.jpg  
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    01-12-13 12:53 AM
    yeah, i wish they would identify which apps/games are android,,, i wanna know what i'm buying before i load it,,, for now i'm leery of anything android,,, especially w/ all the stuff left behind after uninstalls,,, i did get MC2 last night,,, for a buck ya can't beat it,,, and FYI= multiplayer requires wifi...
    01-12-13 06:21 AM
    mc2 multiplayer is against everyone who has this game, not only bb and no there are no computers in multiplayer
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    01-12-13 07:14 AM