My Facebook app, which never worked particularly well, stopped working at all tonight. I uninstalled/reinstalled, rebooted the Playbook -- all multiple times -- but it gives an error msg and craps out right after appearing to open, or after I log in with username and password. Anyone have a solution? Thanks.
    03-18-15 10:25 PM
    Same here, there were some issues showing up lately but it stopped working completely. Does FB have to fix the bug?
    03-19-15 10:03 AM
    No great answer, but I did find that Facebook works via the browser, although of course it disappears if you simultaneously try to use the browser for something else. Other hassle is the need to log in via username and password each time. It's just the Facebook app that won't work. Maybe it's just time to ditch this outdated Playbook entirely...
    Last edited by peter911sc; 03-21-15 at 10:04 AM.
    03-20-15 07:12 PM
    I posted about this too. FB must have changed something on their end. It's causing trouble with BB10's FB and in the Hub and killing the FB app on the PlayBook.
    03-20-15 07:18 PM
    Yeah I think they've removed support for the app. Some positives you can spin out of this are using the internet browser. The browser pulls the desktop facebook site with chat working. It's a little on the slow side but a cool feature on an old tablet. Another option is origami browser. It will pull the mobile version. Origami is another web browser that I use. Hope this helps! Enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 02:18 AM
    Thanks! Had never heard of Origami. Just started playing with it: I'll leave it running with FB on it; end of hassle! Haven't figured out yet how to make FB its default, to open automatically -- but it does save my login data.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    03-21-15 01:08 PM
    Maybe BB 10 won't run on Playbook,.but Chen should make sure PB internet skills, like Flash version, are up to date. We were promised continuing support. More and more sites don't work. The PB use to access almost any site...without a special app like those Apple products. It is still a winner with HDMI to tv.
    Will the same thing happen to BB 10 products? Lack of support does not inspire confidence.
    03-26-15 01:57 AM
    Thanks! Had never heard of Origami. Just started playing with it: I'll leave it running with FB on it; end of hassle! Haven't figured out yet how to make FB its default, to open automatically -- but it does save my login data.
    Glad Origami is helping! You can add the mobile FB URL to the Home Page Address field (under Settings). Then click the Open Home Page radio button under the Tabs heading.
    03-26-15 07:17 AM
    You can download facebook lite here
    04-12-15 11:20 AM
    Maybe BB 10 won't run on Playbook,.but Chen should make sure PB internet skills, like Flash version, are up to date. We were promised continuing support. More and more sites don't work.
    When was that promise made? Last year there was a posting on BB's support site suggesting that support for the Playbook had ended as of OS2. Some tried to grab hope in believing that meant that gears were switched to get BB10 on these devices, but so far no go. I take it as a nail in the coffin and what you have in terms of OS is all you are going to ever get. Once my Playbook goes (no signs of stopping at this point), BBRY will not be getting my money.
    04-13-15 12:40 PM
    You can download the latest working version of facebook for the playbook here

Facebook for Playbook
    07-21-15 09:59 PM