Looking for your recommendations for children's apps.
    Also, suggestions on ebooks in mobi format would be appreciated. I find pdf readers on the playbook quirky.
    Would like to stick with an education aspect with a sprinkles of game entertainment.
    01-18-13 12:33 PM
    Icky Mr Fox is a great app for a little one. Its essentially a story book that is narrated. It has a nice interactive element that you can click on objects and they will move etc.

Lil painter is a good painting/colouring in program (although you have to pay all the to have all the backgrounds to colour in)

Memory Game (by Yoursite) imo the the best pairs game

One game that isnt educational, but is very good is Run in the Crowd. The only control is pressing anywhere on the screen to jump. Its an addictive game that even a 3 year old can play.
    The Computer Guy likes this.
    01-18-13 04:43 PM
    Pirate Parrot, Kid MATcH, Frog race, Alex the talking squirrel.
    The Computer Guy likes this.
    01-18-13 05:10 PM
    01-18-13 05:46 PM
    George the unlucky fish just got updated:
    http://www.google.com.mx/url?sa=t&rc...41934586,d.b2I
    Pretty funny.
    02-06-13 12:09 PM
    Check out games by TVO Kids. The cake making one is pretty good for the kids. My daughter likes a number of the games from these guys.
    02-07-13 10:49 AM
    I just want to bump this thread.
    Proud PB owner here. Son is going to turn 3, and since he was born he has been playing with playbook. He loves it, he knew how to control videos, pictures, exit games, run new ones, etc since he had hand-eye coordination.

I just wanted to check what do people have on their playbook for their kids to play?

My son loves following games, but I just wish there were more quality PAID games on Playbook, I look at Apple App Store (i got iPad) and weep, and I think when he gets older (5+) and has more idea about games and education, I will have to pass my iPad down to him and probably keep PB as back up or multimedia player since it is extremely portable.

Piano
    PopcornRush
    KiddoPlus
    Peekaboo Animal
    Puzzles
    Down on the Farm
    Kids Connect the Dots
    Baloon Shooter
    Puzzle Farm
    Shape Puzzle
    Get Growing
    Jolly Jingle
    Slot Car Racing
    Stick Cricket (He is so much better than me!)
    Bunny Jump (he misses it all the time, but he loves it)
    Tower Stack (I tell him when to drop, he does it half the time)

He loves watching me play
    RingPilot
    RailMaze
    KaGlom! HD
    Make Waves
    Don't Stop Now
    TetroCrate
    BubbleBirds
    Asphalt 6
    Xploding Boxes
    Fruit Slash
    Jetpack Joyride (he grabs and plays time to time) 5 Star game!
    Run in Crowd, 5 Star game!
    Stick Tennis, 5 Star game!
    Copter.

Once again, I really wish there were more quality games like Popcorn Rush, Run In Crowd, Jetpack Joyride, Asphalt, Get Growing, Rail Maze, and so on, but now whenever I check the App World, all I see are extremely poor applications.

If you got more, please share.
    07-21-13 09:59 PM
    There are a lot of quality games for the playbook, here are just a few:

Roboto, Creavures, pou( sideloaded), evac, major mayhem, reckless getaway, chasing yello (sideloaded), mini dash, sector strike, naught, air attack, active soccer, cut the rope, shark dash, catch the candy, evil in trouble, frogatto and chromasphere are pretty cool games. Also sideload the nes, snes, gba and ps1 emulators they are awesome.
    07-21-13 11:08 PM
    There are a lot of quality games for the playbook, here are just a few:

Roboto, Creavures, pou( sideloaded), evac, major mayhem, reckless getaway, chasing yello (sideloaded), mini dash, sector strike, naught, air attack, active soccer, cut the rope, shark dash, catch the candy, evil in trouble, frogatto and chromasphere are pretty cool games. Also sideload the nes, snes, gba and ps1 emulators they are awesome.
    Great, I will try these (or buy them if paid) and see what happens.
    Can you share the emulators you sideloaded? I sideloaded a whole back of apps, and half of them did not work so I gave up, it is very hard to find reliable bar files that work, it's all been trial and error and after a certain amount you just give up..

Although some of the apps you listed are for older kids, it's still great to see more people list games..
    Blackberry World is saturated with crappy games, so these good ones just hide deep within categories. App World needs better sorting functionality, just because 2 people voted an app 5 star, it should not be over an app that has 382 votes and has 4.5 rating!

Adding one more to the list

Make a Scene
    07-22-13 01:52 PM
    Great, I will try these (or buy them if paid) and see what happens.
    Can you share the emulators you sideloaded? I sideloaded a whole back of apps, and half of them did not work so I gave up, it is very hard to find reliable bar files that work, it's all been trial and error and after a certain amount you just give up.
    Emulators: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=705309

You can play games like Mario or kirby using the nes, snes and gba emulators.

For reliable bar files of games go to this sites: http://apps.goodereader.com/category/playbook-games/

http://bb10store.net/
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    07-22-13 04:24 PM
    Hi everyone, since we last discussed on this topic, has there been any new releases for toddlers and pre-schoolers on Playbook?
    When I go to Children's Games category, it seems to be the same old games just variations of them under different names.

For sure there are no endorsed apps or games (Disney, Sesame Street, Nickelodeon, etc..)
    Just for this reason alone I am seriously considering another tablet like Nook HD or something else that's budget.
    10-16-13 09:11 PM
    My kids have a lot of games on their PlayBooks to many to list. But they mainly use the PB for movies that I've converted using dvdfab. And with a $5 hdmi cable they can watch their movies on the big screen. Don't forget It's a also a great media player!

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 08:47 AM
    My kids have a lot of games on their PlayBooks to many to list. But they mainly use the PB for movies that I've converted using dvdfab. And with a $5 hdmi cable they can watch their movies on the big screen. Don't forget It's a also a great media player!

Posted via CB10

It still is! Although my son is hooked on youtube nowadays (tired of the videos I put on PB, and I did not use dvdfab, i used Any Video Converter, does an excellent job and free) but for games, I would love to hear which ones you got, like i said the problem is lack of endorsed games like sesame street, disney, etc..
    10-20-13 10:39 PM
    They enjoy these
    Sylvester's band
    The land of me
    The icky Mr fox
    Icky Mr fox the rainbow
    Chimpact
    All the angry birds
    Arthurs pet business
    Never maze
    Story time for kids
    Fly cart