As soon as the magnetometer api is available will you be adding it in?
    Yes indeed!
    07-17-11 12:43 PM
    In the interest of peace, harmony, and intelligent discussion I suggest you all restrain yourselves to discussing the products without descent to insults and personal attacks. Something about "Glass houses" and "throwing stones" comes to mind.

We have plenty of space in the jailhouse if anyone wishes to continue fighting. A week off should allow time to see the error of your ways...

No offense but, in the interests of society and the crackberry forums I suggest you go back to grammar school. He did not mention you or your app. Accepting his statement at face value requires you to read it, which you obviously have not.

Its clear from the language "all THESE apps" limits the scope of apps which his statement applies. And from the title of the post you can tell he is talking about overpriced apps. Unless you're admitting or know your app is overpriced, then the statement isn't even applicable to you.

Go to business school if you want to learn how to price competitively.
    In the interests of the crackberry forums and Playbook platform, I suggest you stop posting here and stop bashing developers who are trying to participate in the discussion and support the platform. I could point out a few grammar mistakes you made yourself, but really what's the point. No offense of course.
    I wasn't pointing out his grammar mistakes, moron. I was pointing out his lack of grammar understanding that contributed to his misinterpretation of the OP's post. You're right, you pointing out my grammar, as opposed to when I pointed out his misunderstanding, is irrelevant. I suggest you stop personal attacks, I am reporting you.
    07-17-11 05:16 PM
    Typically 7-30 USD for even for simple apps.
    Coming from Apple/Android this was a real surprise.
    Do RIM take a BIG cut and push up the prices?
    Sorry, I just realized that no one responded to your original question so I'll take a crack at it.

Going back through my records for June I found two sales of my app from Sweden.
    1. 7.65 SEK = 1.17668 USD (at today's exchange rate)
    2. .99 USD

Same country - two different sales, two different prices. I have no idea what RIMs policies are regarding currency conversions, taxes etc. but they let me set my own base price in USD.

Soi, in answer to your question, RIM takes 30% of the price that I set and I get to keep 70% - they do not "take a BIG cut and push up the prices".
    07-17-11 06:04 PM
    Sorry, I just realized that no one responded to your original question so I'll take a crack at it.

Going back through my records for June I found two sales of my app from Sweden.
    1. 7.65 SEK = 1.17668 USD (at today's exchange rate)
    2. .99 USD

Same country - two different sales, two different prices. I have no idea what RIMs policies are regarding currency conversions, taxes etc. but they let me set my own base price in USD.

Soi, in answer to your question, RIM takes 30% of the price that I set and I get to keep 70% - they do not "take a BIG cut and push up the prices".
    Thats a bit strange, most apps is much higher than that.
    Here is some reviewer that seen same thing:
    Testrapport: Blackberry Playbook - Mobil.se

"I plattan finns Officeprogram installerade fr�n start s� man kan anv�nda, men p� Blackberrys programbutik App World �r det f� anv�ndbara program och de som finns �r dessutom r�tt dyra, de flesta kostar mellan 10 och 25 dollar och �r inte ens s�rskilt bra."

Translated: "The album's Office Program installed from the start so you can use, but on Blackberrys software store App World, there are few useful applications and those that exist are also entitled expensive, most cost between 10 and 25 dollars and is not even particularly good."

So i would say the RIM take a huge cut on some apps, or the app world has a currency conversion flaw
    07-18-11 06:42 AM
    Sorry but i don't have an answer. Perhaps contact the developer of the app in question and ask for an explanation. Is it maybe a 'cosmetic' problem on the swedish app world? 7.65 usd instead of 7.65 krona? farfetched, i know but...

Also, as a last resort send an email to the contact address on the bb website (if you can find one )
    07-18-11 11:21 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD