So I'm browsing PB apps in Appworld and come across "UFO Scanner For BlackBerry PlayBook", saying is "finds UFO by scanning electromagnetic radiation". This is not listed as a game...I almost want to spend the .99 just because someone had the cajones to post an app like that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-11 01:36 AM
    Wow... I can't believe someone would actually ask .99 for that without even giving the user a real idea of exactly what they're buying. Gonna keep an eye out for someone that gets it haha.
    08-15-11 02:20 AM
    Surprised they haven't bundled the 'Stupidity Meter' app with it lol.
    bbaleno and Zwickliffe like this.
    08-15-11 10:53 AM
    I found 2 of their customer's.....

bbaleno and Zwickliffe like this.
    08-15-11 11:01 AM
    Hey! Don't rip on those of us that paid for this extremely useful app! I wouldn't have known about the two grey ships in my backyard if it wasn't for the developer of this!

Weird part was they had a bunch of RIM staff in there getting probed. They didn't seem too upset about it and I even heard a few say it was easier then the ramming they get at the office.
    08-15-11 11:53 AM
    They sold quite a few copies here.....

08-15-11 12:15 PM
    Hey, if we could get folks across the country to boot this app up simultaneously across the country, we could triangulate the locations of the aliens and nail those bastards...

rjshahan likes this.
    08-15-11 03:30 PM
    Wow, the PB doesn't have native apps or Kindle but can scan electromagnetic radiation?! That total makes up for everything! Wonder if it uses the front or rear camera to do the scanning? lol
    08-15-11 03:41 PM
    Paul just heard about that stupid app.......

08-15-11 03:43 PM
    Wow, the PB doesn't have native apps or Kindle but can scan electromagnetic radiation?! That total makes up for everything! Wonder if it uses the front or rear camera to do the scanning? lol
    Well, not to sound like an uber nerd, but the magnetometer in it *could* detect changes in a magnetic field.
    08-15-11 04:03 PM
    The first question that came to my mind after I heard of this app was How did they test it? The second question was How did RIM test it before they approved it? Obviously RIM puts these apps through very rigorous testing since the IM+ app still hasn't been approved.
    08-15-11 08:48 PM
    Nah. It uses the a2dp add-on.
    08-15-11 09:06 PM
    The first question that came to my mind after I heard of this app was How did they test it? The second question was How did RIM test it before they approved it? Obviously RIM puts these apps through very rigorous testing since the IM+ app still hasn't been approved.
    Yeah-I'd give anything to see the meeting minutes and signed approvals for this app! Would detecting aliens or NOT detecting aliens prove that it was working?

Zwickliffe likes this.
    08-15-11 11:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD