PIN
    292AF535
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Here are your android apps..

In App world hidden...

Where is the player?

in the os.. running in secret...

the whole thing is fully intergrated.

go to the appstore, download Blutorque speedometer (its free), this is an Android app. see how the down swipe menu gesture brings up the android bar...

The android apps are there, thousands of them, paid and unpaid ones.
    Now quit your complaining
    Thanked by 6:
    anindoc (02-21-2012),  apasehculun (02-21-2012),  bike2travel (02-21-2012),  cafemag (02-21-2012),  collapsed (02-21-2012),  hpjrt (02-21-2012) 
    Banned

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

I want my Galaxy Tarot android app..

That's all I care about for OS 2.0
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    5012ECBB

The way to tell if it's an Android app is of it's got a gray bar at the bottom with a back button and the icons of some of your other apps (also Android apps).
    DrBerko likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

I want an android tissue for all the complainers!
    martinbowden and gwinegarden like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

I assumed we would have access to the market. Seems like all this Android apps hype was a bust. None of the well known apps are available. Kindle,Twitter,IMDB,Youtube,Google Plus, and the popular games.

I understand they are hidden but I was expecting that I would get the advantage of the android market and its apps, along with the amazing hardware that is the playbook and bridge. The ultimate tablet.
    dtgrl22 and speedypear like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    339 Global Posts

There was a evernote app in 2.0 but it doesn't seem to be there now. Only the bb version that doesn't work offline.
    Also file navigation has not improved and docs to go don't seem to be improved. I hope you all discover the improvements I missed.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by KennethD; 02-21-2012 at 06:07 AM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

I assumed we would have access to the market. Seems like all this Android apps hype was a bust. None of the well known apps are available. Kindle,Twitter,IMDB,Youtube,Google Plus, and the popular games.

I understand they are hidden but I was expecting that I would get the advantage of the android market and its apps, along with the amazing hardware that is the playbook and bridge. The ultimate tablet.
    dtgrl22 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by joecastrignano View Post

They've been saying since day 1 that you would not be able to just install a native Android app and run it. This opens up App World to thousands more apps that were initially written for the Android platform, but the developers need to do a simple tweak and submit them; no one ever said they would all be instantly available.
    Ed

Be bold. Be pantless. Then go take a nice long nap.
    CrackBerry User

Please help,after installing,I can't find my bridge browser??
    Blackberry 9800»»Blackberry 9810, Blackberry Z10 with PlayBerry 64GB

I think Tapatalk for PlayBook may be Android-based .

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Genius

That was never how things were presented and is a comprehension failure on your part, as far as the apps that you list, it comes down to whether or not the owner of them chooses to port them over or not unless they are already available to sideload like the kindle app.
    CrackBerry Master

well that is the way it was going to be all along, so......pay attention next time
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    543 Global Posts

You know what they say about assuming. It has been very clearly stated that access to the market was not going to be available.
    DrBerko likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    32FBF354

Quote Originally Posted by fredrismos View Post
    Please help,after installing,I can't find my bridge browser??
    Go to your regular browser - should work over Bridge.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skeevecr View Post
    That was never how things were presented and is a comprehension failure on your part, as far as the apps that you list, it comes down to whether or not the owner of them chooses to port them over or not unless they are already available to sideload like the kindle app.
    Really?? Maybe YOU should watch the DEVCON 2010 keynote when they talked about the Android player. The same keynote where they showed off IMDB for about 5 minutes. Maybe its a comprehension failure on RIM's part.

The video is on Crackberry's article Road to OS 2.0

And after re watching the video almost all the apps listed in that demo are not available.
    Last edited by joecastrignano; 02-21-2012 at 06:24 AM.
    Thanked by:
    crackberryrob (02-21-2012) 
    crackberryrob likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,195 Global Posts

I want an android sandwich
    CrackBerry Genius

They were never android apps nor the android market and while they can demo how easily an app could be converted, they cannot actually launch those ones.
    Banned

Same old thing the diehard bb people still defend bb after they show off the android integration at devcon. Only then to not include any of it. Maybe bb should have supplied a set of blinkers with every PlayBook, so we could all only see it the same way as the diehards do. One day you may see that although the hardware is good, the rest of the PlayBook is crap. Under developed, over hyped, and promises that are not kept. FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL.
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bb9810user View Post
    Same old thing the diehard bb people still defend bb after they show off the android integration at devcon. Only then to not include any of it. Maybe bb should have supplied a set of blinkers with every PlayBook, so we could all only see it the same way as the diehards do. One day you may see that although the hardware is good, the rest of the PlayBook is crap. Under developed, over hyped, and promises that are not kept. FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL.
    No one has blinders on. While I am disappointed with the lack of quality android apps(should I say lack of apps), by NO WAY is the Playbook a fail. It's probably the best tablet on the market when you compare it to others(minus the apps).

I don't think this way a big update, because all it did was add what should have been there the day I lined up at 7am last April. But a fail? NO