Wondering if anyone has any experience with writing an app for PlayBook that can take advantage of either the regular Browser or the Bridge Browser? Two such apps that do this seamlessly are the CrackBerry App as well as the Facebook App.

Hoping to find some info / tutorials / example code on how this is done.

Thanx.
    10-25-11 11:19 AM
    Wondering if anyone has any experience with writing an app for PlayBook that can take advantage of either the regular Browser or the Bridge Browser? Two such apps that do this seamlessly are the CrackBerry App as well as the Facebook App.

Hoping to find some info / tutorials / example code on how this is done.

Thanx.
    Look on the Developer Zone at the Playbook Webworks SDK. I can't help further due to lack of time, sorry!
    10-25-11 11:24 AM
    Webworks, like @crwblyth said. Or just use HTML5 and JavaScript. Checkout a product called PHoneGap that is pretty much a write once run anywhere framework.

I'm not sure of your development experience, but it's pretty easy to get started with HTML5.
    ikobe likes this.
    10-25-11 11:29 AM
    10-25-11 11:32 AM
    Look on the Developer Zone at the Playbook Webworks SDK. I can't help further due to lack of time, sorry!
    Thanx crwblyth ... found it under Retrieving Network Status in the Recipes section of the Native SDK Page under Developer Zone. Appreciate the quick reply!
    10-25-11 11:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD