Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Help using Android apps on my Blackberry Playbook

So, I got a Playbook. I wanted to get an app that I really like up until I realized that Blackberry has their own App store. I wanted to use a few apps that are on Google Play and not on Blackberry App World.

These apps are what I want: (All the links go to the Google Play pages for each app)

-Minecraft Pocket Edition (http://tinyurl.com/6sr2f8s)
    -Subway Surfers (http://tinyurl.com/cy3hmqz)
    -Skype (http://tinyurl.com/7u3r5ak)

I used an .apk to .bar online converter that I found while I was looking around Crackberry
    PlayBook .apk to .bar converter

When I used that, I converted a Skype .apk file, and a Subway Surfers .apk file.

I used DDPB to get those apps on my Playbook.
    Then I tried to run Subway Surfers on my Playbook.
    It starts, and says " Subway Surfers has closed unexpectedly" with a force close option.
    I tried it with Skype, and same result.

I just need a little help as to how I should fix this problem. Hopefully one of you guys in the Crackberry community will be able to help me. Thanks!
    CrackBerry Genius

There is no fix. Some android apps work, and some don't.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I have an Android device, but I can't get Subway Surfers for it as it's not compatible. Neither is Skype or Minecraft. But I still do want to wait a bit more for answers before I go quitting.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,804 Global Posts

Skype won't work as it uses android native calls that aren't available in the current playbook android player. See the android sideloading subforum for many android apps that do work.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

I'll see what kind of dirt I can dig up there. But can I still get Subway Surfers and Minecraft? They are my favourite games.

EDIT: I'm going to try and use BBHTool and see if things will cook. I realized I need to sign the .bar files with BBH, because I read somewhere (I forget where,lol) that unsigned .bars won't work unless you have a debug token. I don't know how to get a debug token, so my best bet is to sign my .bar files.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    2840F011

Quote Originally Posted by pokechat8978 View Post
    I'll see what kind of dirt I can dig up there. But can I still get Subway Surfers and Minecraft? They are my favourite games.

EDIT: I'm going to try and use BBHTool and see if things will cook. I realized I need to sign the .bar files with BBH, because I read somewhere (I forget where,lol) that unsigned .bars won't work unless you have a debug token. I don't know how to get a debug token, so my best bet is to sign my .bar files.
    I've never heard of Minecraft working for the PlayBook. But if it did, I'd sideload it!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,723 Global Posts
    PIN
    BBM & Kik (ask)

Default Re: Help using Android apps on my Blackberry Playbook

Some Android apps include C++ code, which doesn't seem to play nice with the Android Player.
    RuneCryption - Unique memory game for PlayBook & BB10, now "Built for BlackBerry".