My 2 year old grandson will be staying with us for several weeks. I would like to download some good games and educational apps to my PB before he arrives.

Can anyone recommend apps they have tried from App World that would be fun for kids age 2-4?

I know he loves the "itsy bitsy spider" app on his mom's iPad, so I looking for some similar apps I can download from App World that he will enjoy.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    11-06-11 12:24 PM
    i have a 4 year old and we downloaded some of the TVO games, they seem to work quite well. That being said, his favorite game is Need for Speed. we also down loaded some colouring and drawing games, along with a piano keyboard. we also showed him how to make videos and watch them, another big hit with our son. The size of the playbook is also perfect for kids.
    11-06-11 12:45 PM
    i have a 4 year old and we downloaded some of the TVO games, they seem to work quite well. That being said, his favorite game is Need for Speed. we also down loaded some colouring and drawing games, along with a piano keyboard. we also showed him how to make videos and watch them, another big hit with our son. The size of the playbook is also perfect for kids.
    Thanks for the help, I will check them out the TVO selection later tonight.

I appreciate the response! Us Grandpa's need it - lol.
    11-06-11 02:44 PM
    I'm not buying the grandpa thing. I put two playbooks, one for me mom (ie. grandma) and one for my inlaws. My only regret is that now that they are in Europe they feel the need to video chat with us every day - twice, to tell us how it's going and to show us the scenery. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they're enjoying it, but if the technology was that tough, they wouldn't be calling so often. So I'm pretty sure you'll do fine.

You can also go to app world and use kid, child, children, etc. as search terms. App world is pretty good at pulling up some relavent apps. Best of luck.
    11-06-11 04:47 PM
    Hi,ABCD For Kids For Ipad is a good educational app that Makes Learning Fun & Easy for your children.
    12-16-11 11:48 PM
    You should also try Lil Painter Lite, i'm sure that your kids will love it.

@robertflorish What's the point in promoting an iPad app on a Blackberry dedicated forum?
    12-17-11 04:47 AM
    My kids love the tvo games. They have a lot of age categories and most are free. I was say though, my two year old daughter alway ends up with the painting apps. Lil painter and wet paint to name a few.
    12-17-11 09:51 AM
    My kids are 3,4 & 5. Their favorite games are:
    Boy (3): PopcornRush, Fireworks, Orange you glad, Slamdunk basketball, TVO Get growing, Fruit Ninja Slash, Bubba Fish, Fly Squirrel Fly2, Bubba Fish and ABCDay.
    Girl (4): Lil Painter (orig & winter), TVO Get Growing, Princess Dress Up, ABCDay, For the Twin, and Wet Paint.
    Boy (5): Need for Speed, Fly Squirrel Fly 2, MeteorStorm, Xtrem Snowboarding, Tofu & Fruit Nihnja Slash

Hope that helps..
    Jay
    12-17-11 11:06 PM
    I don't know what it is about that Need for Speed game, but my 2-year-old nephew loves it, too.
    12-18-11 12:02 AM
    This thread is just what I was looking for.
    My PB gets un-wrapped in a week so im looking for some apps that my kids will enjoy!

I read a magazine article about the playbook (before id thought of getting one), some time ago and recall there was mention of a few apps 1 of which was a leonardi de vinci drawing style puzzle appp that involved drawing lines so that the falling items rolled down them.

does this ring any bells with anyone?

my kids like puzzle type games, are there any that might fit that description?

thanks !
    12-18-11 08:47 AM
    I would recommend you to check out Shape Puzzle app - a learning BlackBerry game to educate and entertain kids.
    11-07-12 09:58 AM
    mt 2 year old loves my playbook. essy to hold and she gets the swiping amd gestures.

the tvo game "get growing" is a good one.

also
    - harold and the purple crayon
    - land of me - the crocodile singing, the others not so much
    - dinopaint
    - the build your own scene series. I have farmyard, outer space, and under the sea

also have fantasia 2000 and curious george movies on the playbook, good for lengthy car rides. also recommend annie, sound of music, mary poppins as good videos to have. you can handbrake them to mp4 for loading to your pb.

wonderpets and curious george are good tv shows if you can get em via hulu or netflix, though that doesn't really apply to your pb of course, unless you can find a good torrent.
    11-09-12 11:01 AM
    Hi, you can also try education game Learn Shapes
    Learn Shapes is the game for you and your children. Thanks to intuitive, friendly interface and attractive movies your children will be engaged to learn names of the figures and their colors. Six types of the shapes and few popular colors will help you to save some time while your son or daughter is playing.
    My 2-year son like it!
    12-27-12 06:58 AM
    Didn't see it mentioned among all the other suggestions, so maybe check out Morphwiz-Play aswell. It's basically a graphical synthesizer with satisfying multi-touch controls and visuals. It's meant to be a pretty technical sound tool, but I've seen 2-4 year olds go into that "zombie" mode for a full hour playing it.

It can produce all sorts of strange sounds, complimented by shifting shapes and colours, and varying graphical responses where your fingertips touch and slide. It can register up to 4 fingers touching it at once. It has a couple of pages of presets that have different graphical looks and sounds. And you can edit each preset to add keys, or full octaves to expand the sound range. What I've liked is that while it's simple enough for anyone to play, it has a complexity that allows you to sit with the child, so that you can show them how to change and modify the sounds and test the results.

As for actual games, Cut the Rope and 10 Pin Shuffle I've also seen receive a lot of appreciateion.
    Attached Thumbnails Help!  Recommendations for good Children Apps.-img_00000241.jpg   Help!  Recommendations for good Children Apps.-img_00000246.jpg   Help!  Recommendations for good Children Apps.-img_00000242.jpg   Help!  Recommendations for good Children Apps.-img_00000245.jpg   Help!  Recommendations for good Children Apps.-img_00000239.jpg  

Help!  Recommendations for good Children Apps.-img_00000247.jpg   Help!  Recommendations for good Children Apps.-img_00000248.jpg  
    Last edited by KidCaboose; 12-27-12 at 09:18 AM.
    12-27-12 08:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD