Hello All,
    Please PLEASE help me out here.
    I have a blackberry playbook and unfortunately live in a non suported country for appworld.
    I have spend countless hours searching for a solution and after many failed attempts from many different "fixes"
    nothing has worked.
    Please give me a step by step instruction on how to make this work because my playbook is virtually useless. (I restored the factory settings in an attempt to fix the problem
    and ended up with a blank playbook)
    Thank you so much in advance.
    01-13-13 09:03 AM
    among the fixes that you tried, were any of them where you enter a proxy for another country?

here are the steps I pulled from berryreview:

Ok this time is the "side way" to get into App World from unsupported countries.

This way is known and not new, however I post it in case someone needs it but doesn't know yet.

People from unsupported countries can't access App World can use this alternative solution to fulfill your dream now.

First, google for "Free HTTP Proxy". For example: Proxy!Live - anonymes Surfen im Internet*

Note that free proxy is not staying for long or can be used, in this case, choose and try till getting one working for you.

Or you can purchase for an HTTP Proxy Account from http://proxy.lc for month or year... This is more stable. It's up to you.

Remember to get a supported countries proxies such as US, Canada, Australia... and proxy type should be Anonymous Proxy

When you get one. It could have:

Proxy Server IP Address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    Proxy Port: xxx
    Username: if there is.
    Password: if there is.

On your PlayBook:

+ Get into WiFi Settings.

+ Choose the "Saved Networks".

+ Choose your current WiFi Network

+ Scroll down and check the "Use HTTP Proxy"

+ New fields appear and enter the information such as Proxy Server, Proxy Port...

+ Choose "Save and Connect"

+ Exit Settings and try App World.

Hope this helps.
    01-13-13 09:10 AM
    Thank you so much for your great info.
    Just one thing. I've done this but it says it cant save it because it needs the SSID section to be filled in? What is that and what do I enter in that field?

Thank you so much for your help!
    01-13-13 02:46 PM
    sorry I don't know as I've never done this before. check youtube as there are some vids on the subject. Limetrip has at least one that I know of. happy hunting!
    01-13-13 03:39 PM
    Try this video from Limetrip

nappp likes this.
    01-13-13 08:10 PM
    Thank you so much for your great info.
    Just one thing. I've done this but it says it cant save it because it needs the SSID section to be filled in? What is that and what do I enter in that field?

Thank you so much for your help!
    ssid is what differentiates your router. from other router. try editing your main connection (wifi) or create a new and incorporate the steps mentioned in the first comment should be easier.
    01-14-13 06:35 PM