I just tried watching Avatar on hbogo.com and the first few minutes of it was so choppy, I couldn't watch it. Was able to log directly into xfinitytv.com and I can get to the point where I can hit the "play" button but it never plays. I did notice that the playbook got really hot while playing Avatar and the battery drain was pretty bad, and that was only for a couple of minutes.
    04-29-11 02:42 PM
    I just tried watching Avatar on hbogo.com and the first few minutes of it was so choppy, I couldn't watch it. Was able to log directly into xfinitytv.com and I can get to the point where I can hit the "play" button but it never plays. I did notice that the playbook got really hot while playing Avatar and the battery drain was pretty bad, and that was only for a couple of minutes.
    I only watched a min or so. will test this weekend. logging into xfinity doesn't work for hbo stuff. must go thru hbogo.com and it logs you to xfinity and throws you back. I noticed that if i pause or move the slider around, it wont start up again where i paused it. must dump the browser and start over.
    04-29-11 02:49 PM
    XFinity does the same for me. Some play great, some act like they'll play and don't and others give an error.

As for HBO Go it plays great for 2 to 3 minutes then the sound stops and the video drops to 2-3 frames per second. No fix yet
    04-29-11 04:26 PM
    Looks like I spoke too soon, i'm getting some serious stuttering after a few mintes as well. When i log in on my laptop, I get a similar stutering effect, so maybe it's an HBOGo.com problem, and not a playbook bug.
    jmarkey77 likes this.
    04-29-11 05:59 PM
    The Xfinitytv issue has been fixed. It no longer redirects you. HBO advised Comcast to stop doing that on April 29th.
    And, of course, the official launch date for HBO Go is May 2nd. So hopefully these issues will be resolved during the soft launch.
    05-01-11 07:10 AM
    rocking and rolling with hbogo now! game of thrones FTW!!!
    05-01-11 08:04 AM
    XFinity does the same for me. Some play great, some act like they'll play and don't and others give an error.

As for HBO Go it plays great for 2 to 3 minutes then the sound stops and the video drops to 2-3 frames per second. No fix yet
    Yup I'm seeing this same problem trying to play True Blood. It's really annoying, works fine on my Droid X hbogo app but I want to watch it on my Playbook dammit!
    05-02-11 08:07 AM
    Side note: Also there is maxgo as well!!!!
    05-05-11 03:12 PM
    Still a no-go with 1.0.5 update

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-11 07:51 AM
    Bah. I'm on Comcast and the HBO site says Comcast people have to watch through xfinity.tv... which doesn't work on the Playbook. BUMMER!
    I have Comcast and I am able to connect and watch xfinity.tv on my playbook. I live in Fl. and connect just fine for free.
    06-07-11 10:58 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD