Ok Guys! Thanks for the support!

Next update 1.8 : Support BIG files!

There's a bug in the files/foder API but I found a workaround
    06-05-11 09:11 AM

Thanks. I am looking forward to the update.

I don't know how big of a file it can support but I have several 6 GB - 8 GB h.264 high-profile .mp4 files that I hope it can detect and play subtitles.
    Yeah, those great Chinese/Hong Kong movies take a lot of space sometimes, especially when they are in 1080p. Why not just have the 720p version????? Well, I often choose to store 1080p movies instead of 720p movies because I can use the micro hdmi cable to hook the Playbook up to my 1080p HDTV for the full HD experience.
    Last edited by Earthbrain; 06-05-11 at 10:16 AM.
    06-05-11 10:12 AM

Sounds good - can it fix those other apps, too (g)

Don't rush but I am curious about how fast Rim acts on submissions. There are discussions in other threads that it takes rim forever to approve stuff?
    06-05-11 03:32 PM
    I'm using the same "browser" that the default "videos" app browser uses. The only downpart is that the default selected dir always is pictures because the API doesn't allow otherwise (read: another bug).
    But at least you can select the Video dir and you have a little video image preview too And you can choose a file in any shared dir.
    Perfect solution for me!
    I did send an update today. It takes about 7 days before approval (for me) ...

MovieSrtPlayer : BlackBerry App World - MovieSrtPlayer for BlackBerry PlayBook
    06-05-11 06:04 PM
    HEY - OKAY.

While my darn Dolomite.mp4 file does not have subtitles it does now show up in MovieSRTPlayer!!!! It also shows the rest of the so-called "missing" files. So you have licked the problem. Now I can actually move the Foreign Language movies to their own folder and not have to worry about them disappearing.

I see that it is a little show showing the listing but you have a prompt "Please wait" so that helps.

Now, care to make a File Manager/Explorer program?
    06-07-11 06:11 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD