Hello CB peoples. Has anyone out there tried both apps? I emailed xlabz (who responded quickly) about the differences. I get that Groovy Notes has more functionality, but does it have the same functionality as A Day In Life (ADIL) for those things that ADIL was designed to do? Or maybe a slimpler way to ask that is, would I need both apps to get all the functionality of both or does Groovy Notes do everything ADIL can plus all the extra features? And if Groovy Notes can do everything ADIL can, does it do it in the same way?

Thanks all!
    12-19-12 12:34 PM
    I use Groovy notes for meetings at factories and it is ideal for this, as i can attach a photo, voice note or basic sketch. As far as I know, this level of functionality is not available in ADIL, as it. Is more geared for journal notes (posh diary). I have both, but ADIL only works in portrait mode which means its not as useful to me at the moment, as I use the BB keyboard. Hope this helps
    Herve5 likes this.
    12-19-12 01:07 PM
    GN has many more features than ADIL. I would compare ADIL like a journal where you can also capture a photo to go with the event. The photos are nicely displayed and play into the whole experience. GN is designed to be a note taking app with features to add photos, voice, attachments and doodles. So if you are looking for a daily journal where photos will play a key role in the experience - ADIL is the way to go. IF you need to take notes, photograph some images that go along with the notes, add attachments - GN is for you. Maybe to sum it up - ADIL is more like a journal and GN more like a note book........ fine line but that's my take. I am sure you will hear more on this.
    12-19-12 01:09 PM
    Thank you both (BKillar and tinker2000) for your reply. It sounds like GN is what I want. I was hoping the journal part of GN would behave just like ADIL as that looks really slick. I don't want to have both apps though.
    12-19-12 01:57 PM
    I have both and use them both (differently), GN for work, good for filing and searching on different topics, more functions etc however I like ADIL too, I pop into it now and again when something special happens, post a photo on that day and use it as a memory jogger in the one month calender view mode where the day displays that picture, it's really good for that. Two different products aimed at different tasks. If you want a work related note taking feature full App go for GN, If you want to record events in your life, go for ADIL.
    12-20-12 02:15 AM