Does anyone know if there's a handwriting recognition app for the Playbook? I noticed another person on an iPad and they were writing on the iPad's screen with a stylus, which was then converted to electronic text. I can't seem to find an app that will do this on a Playbook.
    01-13-12 01:32 PM
    frankly I'm faster at typing than writing (even on virtual keyboards) so this feature isn't something I'd use directly; but related to that, something like Onenote that will search combinations of typed, handwritten and otherwise OCR'd text would be smoking hot IMO.

My full wishlist is basically a Playbook based, cloud synced Onenote with the new BB remote control. Using Evernote now.
    01-13-12 03:20 PM
    frankly I'm faster at typing than writing (even on virtual keyboards) so this feature isn't something I'd use directly; but related to that, something like Onenote that will search combinations of typed, handwritten and otherwise OCR'd text would be smoking hot IMO.

My full wishlist is basically a Playbook based, cloud synced Onenote with the new BB remote control. Using Evernote now.
    I used Evernote a few days ago for the first time and was quite impressed when it automatically scanned a picture of my handwritten scribbles and allowed me to do a full-text search its contents.
    01-13-12 03:39 PM
    Would love to see PhatPad ported over.

Not sure how well-developed the API is for input methods, though...
    01-13-12 08:35 PM
    The google translate app works on the playbook and does that, any other sideloaded app for taking notes that converts handwriting into text?
    Last edited by Blackman91; 04-14-13 at 05:11 PM.
    04-14-13 04:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD