Why do all the handster apps I've tried require device id permissions. For example, why would the quick app manager app need to have this permission allowed in order to function.

I am highly suspect of Handster and their apps and have deleted all that I have tried for this reason. What is more concerning is the appworld review I leave is deleted by them everytime I mention this highly suspect behaviour.

Wish RIM would investigate thier need for this information. Seems like a serious security concern to me.
    11-21-12 02:27 PM
    Not sure about Handster, but when I download an app and then get an email promoting that same company/dev, I always send back a scathing reply, delete the app and never buy another one of their products. There's more than a few out there! Buyer beware!
    Cynycl likes this.
    11-21-12 06:19 PM
    Sorry this is so long im a newbie. I agree. Out of 18 free apps a dozen wanted gps and\or unique id a d many free acccess to send and receive data. Some wanted access to camera and/or all files. There was no reason for these tiny apps to need this. I deleted them. My concerns are why and whats being done with the info and why arent we warned up front. Who knows whats been dropped in the os during download and throughout the partial install that takes place before youre asked for permissions. Im glad didnt pay for them and that my security consciousness made me test via free apps first. Bbs disowning third party apps makes me wonder if they are checked for nasties,especially personal info gatherers. This could be one for the info commissioner, data protection etc. Also can you tell if an app is bb or android third party?
    02-28-13 12:00 PM
    maybe to block ID's that have a pirated version of that app ?
    02-28-13 12:27 PM