Is there any way that you can copy and paste from an email (BB Bridge) to GroovyNotes?
    10-05-11 06:02 PM
    Is there any way that you can copy and paste from an email (BB Bridge) to GroovyNotes?
    Copy and paste is enabled in Groovy Notes - but not on Bridge. Probably as an Enterprise security measure.
    tramer likes this.
    10-05-11 06:15 PM
    I have been trying to buy this app since yesterday and there was always this error. Tried with American Express and Visa, always the same error.

Anyone has a solution?
    I finally bought the app (after signing up for a PayPal account). Thanks to XLabz, from the few minutes I had with the app so far, it's very solid. Well, there is something that I would like to see some changes on (not necessarily improvements, though ).

When you open a note, you can tap on the arrow at the top left corner to make it full screen. But as soon as you scroll, the keyboard pops up and you are left with only 6 lines worth of notes.

The changes that I would like to see implemented are:
    1) make the title, category, tags and other things on the top disappear and have them back by a swipe from the top bezel (the swipe currently does not work), so that when I take a note, I would have three to four lines more space.
    2) make a read-only mode so that I really have the full screen to read my notes;
    3) allow portrait mode (the smaller keyboard is better for thumb typing and of course, you have more space for your notes).

Thanks, XLabz.
    10-07-11 09:45 AM
    Bought this yesterday, I like what I see so far, I'd like the calendar to be a tad bigger though, I dont have enough notes thus far to worry about organising/searching too much as yet so we'll see more how it works as I use it more, all in all a very robust product, backup/restor an absolute must.

well done XLabz
    10-07-11 09:51 AM
    This app looks great. But unless it has BB Calendar/Task/Notes integration it would be no use to me. I sync all these (plus Contacts) OTA to keep by BB Phone, Playbook, laptop and Desktop up-to-date. Without integrated PIM synchronisation it would pointless having some notes only accessible on the Playbook. Not very productive for me.

That said, I think Groovy Notes is the first "professional standard" app that's come along for a very long time.

Maybe this will start a trend :-)
    10-11-11 10:10 AM
    Groovy Notes would be an ideal business tool, except: (a) it is currently a closed system ... ie the database is locked to a single Playbook (not even Bridge comparability); (b) the proposal to add "Drop Box" et al is not going to be an acceptable option for many business users - there is no way that a business user would allow commercially sensitive data (meeting notes, etc) to be sync'ed to a public, non-secure "cloud".

The primary market for RIM/Blackberry is business use - thus, this is the biggest potential market for any BB App.

So, as a minimum the backup/restore feature would need to be OTA - and not dependent on any public data storage facility. Maybe the simplest would be via email, but ftp access to a user-specified url would be better.

The "perfect" solution would be OTA synchronisation via a user specified url, with the icing on the cake being a desktop version of Groovy Notes (or maybe browser-based).

Of course an alternative would be to have a feature to allow notes to be "simple" - ie just text-based - then you could use the built-in PIM Memopad database, so sync/restore/backup would be taken care of.

Just a few thoughts ...
    10-12-11 02:47 AM
    Where can I buy Groove Notes .. apart from through BB Apps World??

I don't use BB Apps World because they lie about the price and rip off UK users.

They advertise Groovy Notes for $4.99 (dollars), but they will charge me �4.99 (pounds) - which is $7.78 - when I try to purchase it.

This should be (actually it IS) illegal to advertise one price and charge another. It's not just Groovy Notes its all apps.

************************************************** **************************************************
    RIM you are scamming people and trading illegally - you CANNOT advertise one price and charge another - this is an illegal practice !!!
    ************************************************** **************************************************
    bigbamboo likes this.
    10-12-11 03:01 AM
    This app looks great. But unless it has BB Calendar/Task/Notes integration it would be no use to me.
    Integration with BB Notes, Calendar & Task would be super handy is it possible to make that happens? Will it be allowed?
    10-13-11 08:20 PM
    Well XLabz? 1 week has turned to several....don't copy RIM now! If you're getting it perfect, that's fine - just let us know what's going on!
    10-15-11 10:47 PM
    Estimated XLabz:

I believe that we all have had a great f� in you and in his program. You are the person in charge of whom little by little we are losing this confidence.
    Last day 22/9/2011 you were saying to us that there would be an update the following week. Already almost four weeks have happened and everything has remained in words.

You can inform us of the date in which you will implant the suggestions that it arrives we have commented on him the different users?

Thank you. And I hope that we do not have to lose definitively the confidence in his words.

Regards.

TXEMA10
    10-16-11 09:23 AM
    1.1.2 update in App world
    fill yer boots....
    10-20-11 07:39 AM
    I can't get through the start screen...

currently trying deleting and reinstalling

(edit): okay, it worked.. nice to have an update
    Last edited by marksasongko; 10-20-11 at 09:04 AM.
    10-20-11 08:25 AM
    We have got some initial feedback from some of our users that the latest update (1.1.2) has problems updating the older database to a newer format needed to support DropBox sync and Export functionality. We have found the issue behind this and this happens when you didn't have any voice notes previously. The patch for this is already ready and will be rolled out maximum in a day or two. Rest assured your data is safe and you won't loose any of your notes or voice notes that you saved previously.

Please don't upgrade to 1.1.2, if you have not already done so. If you have done so already, there is no need to panic and the immediate next update (already posted to App World and pending approval) will rectify this issue.

We are sorry about any inconvenience caused because of this issue.
    10-20-11 08:34 AM
    Just wanted to give a quick update that the patch for the 1.1.2 update has already been posted to App World and is pending approval. It should get approved in a day or two. We will update this post again once it has been approved and available for update.

Thanks for your patience until then.
    10-20-11 08:47 AM
    Ooups, just upgraded to the new version. I will wait until the patch to use it then.

There is something that I noticed since I installed the PlayBook OS 2.0 beta. Since the keyboard is much smaller, I was expecting to see more of the content when I edit a note.

But, no. I cannot.

It seems that somehow although the keyboard is smaller, the notes still do not show the area where it was covered by the bigger keyboard.

Could you please look into this issue and get it corrected in the next update?
    10-20-11 10:17 AM
    I have had no issues at all updating the database and then syncing to dropbox. I did have a couple of voice notes in there though....
    10-20-11 10:23 AM
    No issues either, plus I can see more tabs down the left hand side now
    Thanks
    XLabz likes this.
    10-20-11 10:28 AM
    Ooups, just upgraded to the new version. I will wait until the patch to use it then.

There is something that I noticed since I installed the PlayBook OS 2.0 beta. Since the keyboard is much smaller, I was expecting to see more of the content when I edit a note.

But, no. I cannot.

It seems that somehow although the keyboard is smaller, the notes still do not show the area where it was covered by the bigger keyboard.

We are testing all our apps for Playbook on OS 2.0 and will handle this case as well. Thanks for letting us know.
    10-20-11 10:32 AM

But, no. I cannot.

does air 3 in OS 2.0 make groovy notes run faster?
    10-20-11 11:04 AM
    Since I upgraded OS 2.0 and did the update for Groovy Notes it says 'update dating' and sits there. Should I delete it in App World & reload it?
    10-20-11 04:42 PM
    I'm getting the update notification in OS 2.0, but when I get to App World, there's no upgrade - it's still 1.1.2
    10-20-11 04:51 PM
    does air 3 in OS 2.0 make groovy notes run faster?
    It's pretty much the same ...
    10-20-11 05:26 PM
    It's pretty much the same ...
    too bad, I was hoping for some improvements in air 3 as almost every air apps feel kinda sluggish on the playbook..
    10-20-11 08:59 PM
    Quick update: The patch for the updater issue is now ready and is available for you to update via App World. The latest version v1.1.3 resolves this issue and we have got confirmation from other users that this update indeed works and their notes are safe.

We are extremely sorry about this glitch and we sincerely appreciate your patience.

It would be really helpful if you can upgrade to the latest version and let us know if everything is working fine as usual.

In this upgrade we have included the following features as promised:

1) DropBox integration: For database and documents backup.
    2) Export notes as PDF and TXT.
    3) Export voice notes as MP3.
    4) Sync exported notes to DropBox.
    5) Save notes as PDF, TXT and MP3 to device documents folder (Documents/GroovyNotes).
    6) More visible categories than before.
    7) Other UI enhancements and bug fixes.

Once you have upgraded to this version please make sure that you regularly backup the database to DropBox (using the Backup Notes option) and facilitate easy data recovery in case of device failure or other unforeseen issues.
    10-21-11 12:29 AM
    sounds great... thanks for the txt export

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    SunnyFL likes this.
    10-21-11 01:15 AM
225 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD