Groovy Notes for BlackBerry PlayBook Update – V 1.2.1
We’ve been reviewing all the feedback and suggestions from our users and decided the time was right to release the next update of Groovy Notes!
We have prioritized the most requested features and implemented them in this update. Here’s the list of new features in V 1.2.1:
• View your notes in both Portrait and Landscape modes
• A read-only mode, so you can now read your notes without the keypad popping up! (Use the “edit/eye” icon below the note to toggle between “edit” and “read-only” modes)
• Password Protection
• Controls for voice recording; including Pause and Resume
• Ability to record audio files of longer duration
• Improved Calendar: Choose a date from the calendar to view notes for that date alone
• Other performance enhancements and minor bug fixes
You can read more about Groovy Notes and download it here.
As always, please do email us at bbsupport [at] xlabz [.] com with your feedback and suggestions.
Few User Reviews:
“This is just what I have been looking for. I have been looking for a more classy, versatile note taking app for the PlayBook and this is one I can be proud to open when annotating critical meetings.”
“I’ve been searching for so long for a note app that works. I think this is the one that really does the jobs of note taking. Should make this the default/native note app for PlayBook!”
“The best note taking app I’ve found for the PlayBook. Clean interface, solid performance and great feature set.”
Last edited by XLabz; 03-01-2012 at 01:59 AM.
- 03-01-2012, 03:10 AM #2
This is great already but when you guys get a hold of the tat stuff its gonna be awesomely great. Lol love this app!I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
- 03-01-2012, 06:26 AM #3
Hello groovies! I was just wondering about this app the other day and the lack of updates for a while, good to hear from y'all. A few issues I have;
1. Texts I find are too small the size of the texts in the bridged memopad would be ideal and a better font or fonts you can choose the type and size you prefer to view
2. Some autotext action would be a killer
Give me those two things especially larger fonts and I'm good!
Well done guys portrait is excellentDeath may be the King of terrors... but Jesus is the King of kings!
Dwight L. Moody
- 03-01-2012, 08:41 AM #4
This app is hands down one of the best apps I've purchased for PlayBook. It's perfect for me, it's absolutely beautiful, and XLabz develops great applications.
For anyone who is thinking about purchasing this, especially after these great updates, I assure you that you won't be let down.
Thank you XLabz, for helping me capture my mind!
- CrackBerry User
03-01-2012, 10:15 AM #6
- 12 Posts
i'm a big fan of this app. it's so well designed. users asked for these new features and the developer delivered. well done.
will there be implementation of photo or video capture in the near future? i would like to use the PB screen cap to take a photo of a street map or use the camera to take a photo of an item i see on sale at the store and link the photo to a note, task or appointment.
keep up the good work.
- 03-01-2012, 03:01 PM #10
Good news with the recent updates! Thank you guys. As everyone mentioned already,
Following things make this app a greatest PB application.
1. Better font size.
2. Predictive Typing/Spell check.
3. Instead of only texts scrolling up & down on a constant notebook background, both
should move when we scroll through texts. This makes visually better.
I know you guys are constantly working on your apps to deliver best things! Hope to see an update in near future.
- 03-01-2012, 10:45 PM #149000 > 9800 and now BB Z10 and 32GB PlayBook glued to my person!
1) Evernote is not a truly offline app, it needs internet connectivity to keep synching your notes to cloud.
2) Groovy Notes supports voice recording and playback which are tied to a note.
3) Groovy Notes support exporting of notes to PDF files and voice notes to MP3 file.
4) Groovy Notes backsup to DropBox not just your notes but the whole DB.
5) Groovy Notes supports password protecting your notes.
And many more, you can read about all the features here: Buy Groovy Notes for BlackBerry PlayBook - Download Groovy Notes for BlackBerry PlayBook - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World
- 03-02-2012, 02:02 AM #20
thanks soo much for this update! that is a lot of fixes and they are all appreciated! awesome job. I wrote a review for it in my blog.. I don't get a lot of traffic since I just set it up a few days ago but wanted to let people know what a good app you have!
- 03-03-2012, 02:10 PM #21
microsoft app store when it launches with windows 8
but in the mean time I am looking forward to freehand/stylus support, currently using handrite (android sideload) for that it works pretty well but imagine if your beautiful app did that.
- CrackBerry User
03-10-2012, 04:50 PM #22
- 43 Posts
How about offering your desktop companion software from your own company website. Dataviz did it for their DocsToGo? I would also like to see an alternative backup site to Dropbox since theirs isnt a supported app on Playbook. How about Box or even backup to desktop would be great.
- 03-10-2012, 04:59 PM #23
I agree with everything Galaxysurfer said... I think you could use the dreaded PayPal for setting up sales from your website. Would definitely like to see another option for backup.Up to 50GB FREE