It's out on Android, so does that mean it'll be available on the PlayBook when OS 2.0 officially drops?
    Is it already available via sideloading?
    01-01-12 08:01 PM
    not sure, but it sounds great! I'd even settle for GTA 2.0, you know the version where the camera angles down from the top down?
    01-01-12 08:05 PM
    not sure, but it sounds great! I'd even settle for GTA 2.0, you know the version where the camera angles down from the top down?
    I've watched a few videos of gameplay, it looks awesome!
    I know what you mean too, I haven't played that kind of GTA in a long time! I really hope they make it compatible
    01-01-12 08:09 PM
    plays good on my nexus as well lol

OP, no one knows until os2 is out really, i dont think it can be sideloaded
    01-01-12 08:28 PM
    I played on my friend's ipad...the game is pathetic by today's standard, the graphic is worse than GTA3 on my pc 10 years ago...seriously, if people want quality game, please go buy a dedicated game console or a nice alienware...it's 1000X better than tablet
    01-01-12 09:02 PM
    I played on my friend's ipad...the game is pathetic by today's standard, the graphic is worse than GTA3 on my pc 10 years ago...seriously, if people want quality game, please go buy a dedicated game console or a nice alienware...it's 1000X better than tablet
    I know what you mean, they're also quite awful to play but there's some kind of attraction to gaming on a tablet/mobile device that I haven't quite worked out yet
    01-01-12 09:05 PM
    if you want to play video games get an xbox or the wii or playstation.
    since when is a tablet a gamers device
    01-01-12 09:16 PM
    Would be a good game! We need more!
    01-01-12 09:16 PM
    Since developers started developing games for tablets?
    01-01-12 09:25 PM
    GTA 3 or 4 would be great games on the pb...especially since games like Machinarium and Angry Birds look so good on it
    01-01-12 09:50 PM
    i would love to see gta3 on the playbook.
    01-01-12 10:54 PM
    i send a email to rockstar developers to put the game i the os 2 they reply and told me that they are going to put it to the playbook i hope to see it too
    mithrazor and Stuckmojo like this.
    01-01-12 11:32 PM
    Troll free zone!!!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-12 11:39 PM
    "If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry summer"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry april fools (apr launch date), summer (60 days), christmas (end of year/q3 2011) and valentines day (feb 2012)"
    01-01-12 11:43 PM
    I think this was my first time getting one of my posts deleted, I feel like a failure now.
    Anyways, there was a thread relating to this already: Grand Theft Auto III 10th aniversary REQ
    01-02-12 12:01 AM
    this isnt gta, but comparing the sims 3 between the computer and my 9900 and ipod touch, the computer version is clearly the better choice. tablets arent made for hardcore gaming. the only really good console game on the playbook is the built in need for speed
    01-02-12 12:43 AM
    I think this was my first time getting one of my posts deleted, I feel like a failure now.
    Anyways, there was a thread relating to this already: Grand Theft Auto III 10th aniversary REQ
    Ah, didn't see it. Haven't long been a member so I can only assume I've missed a lot
    01-02-12 09:27 AM
    this isnt gta, but comparing the sims 3 between the computer and my 9900 and ipod touch, the computer version is clearly the better choice. tablets arent made for hardcore gaming. the only really good console game on the playbook is the built in need for speed
    I'm not overly impressed with NFS, seems too gimmicky for me
    I'm not after anything hardcore, just some light action for train journeys etc, so hopefully OS 2.0 will bring a lot more to the table to keep my fingers busy!
    01-02-12 09:30 AM
    You survived to talk about it didn't you?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-12 09:36 AM
    love to see the old classic gta on the PB
    10-13-12 06:03 PM
    I don't think anyone expects console like games on the PB. The controls on a touch screen simply DO NOT allow gameplay as complex as a console. That being said tablet are powerful and offer FANTASTIC game play opportunities. Portability is also a very compelling argument for tablets.

I have been a gamer for decades! The emus available for PB allow me to play perfect replicas of many of those games. Consoles do not have a monopoly on good games.
    10-13-12 08:05 PM
    I can't speak for the iPad, but on Android it is a 1:1 copy of what is on the PC. In fact, all the game files are identical and you can even use your old PC mods on it. They just recompiled for ARM.
    And yes, the graphics are just as good if not better than they were on PC 10 years ago.

The controls on a touch screen simply DO NOT allow gameplay as complex as a console.
    I have been a gamer for decades! The emus available for PB allow me to play perfect replicas of many of those games. Consoles do not have a monopoly on good games.
    On my Android tablet I can use wiimotes, PS3 controllers, xbox controllers, you name it! So yes, you can play console game ports and emulated console games just fine.

Last edited by xsacha; 10-14-12 at 09:21 PM.
    EchoesFX likes this.
    10-14-12 09:09 PM

On my Android tablet I can use wiimotes, PS3 controllers, xbox controllers, you name it!. So yes, you can play console game ports and emulated console games just fine.

GTA3 on Android with a PS3 controller:
    I've been waiting for PB to get external controller support. Until that comes the tablet alone simply cannot recreate the complexity that the physical controller allows.
    10-14-12 09:24 PM
    I can't speak for the iPad, but on Android it is a 1:1 copy of what is on the PC. In fact, all the game files are identical and you can even use your old PC mods on it. They just recompiled for ARM.
    And yes, the graphics are just as good if not better than they were on PC 10 years ago.

On my Android tablet I can use wiimotes, PS3 controllers, xbox controllers, you name it, just have an Android Tablet and about $60! So yes, you can play console game ports and emulated console games just fine.
    Fixed that for you.
    10-14-12 09:24 PM
    External controller support has been in Playbook since 2.0. The API just isn't being used.

About the $60, well you wanted physical controls. They didn't come with your tablet, so yes you'd pay for them. It's actually around $20 but it does depend on the controller you want.
    10-14-12 10:10 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD