I received my Google Music Beta invite earlier this week. For those who have not heard of it, you can upload your music files to Google Music and stream them from any browser and/or an Android App.

Right now it is free and it you can upload up to 20,000 songs. As my music library is well over 64GB I was excited at the possibility of having access to my music library over the PB's browser and not having to upload files to the PB.

It worked great on the PB browser out of the gate, and then it stopped working, but with the latest PB OS update it seems to be working again (so I'm assuming the stretch of it not working was due to whatever needed to be fixed with Flash).

Anyway, it's another streaming option for those who are looking for music streaming solutions.
    06-12-11 11:42 AM
    google music isn't accessible as far as i know outside us and probably Canada. tunesaccess.com works just as well for those who live else where e.g. europe with maybe not quite as many features. its free with unlimited storage
    ODAAT likes this.
    06-12-11 01:49 PM
    [QUOTE=cferneyh;6404123]I received my Google Music Beta invite earlier this week. For those who have not heard of it, you can upload your music files to Google Music and stream them from any browser and/or an Android App.

Right now it is free and it you can upload up to 20,000 songs. As my music library is well over 64GB I was excited at the possibility of having access to my music library over the PB's browser and not having to upload files to the PB.

It worked great on the PB browser out of the gate, and then it stopped working, but with the latest PB OS update it seems to be working again (so I'm assuming the stretch of it not working was due to whatever needed to be fixed with Flash).

Anyway, it's another streaming option for those who are looking for music streaming solutions.[/QUOTE . I tried the Amazon cloud service it took for ever to down load a song. Does the google music ser. have the same issue?
    06-12-11 01:57 PM
    Does it allow for a group account. Would be sweet to see that. Have 20 or so group users being able to share an online library. Of course the illegal implications would be massive but cool none the less.
    06-12-11 01:59 PM
    yeah I have Google Music too, I love it. I was having the same problem with Google Music on the PlayBook browser, what I've found out though is that Google Music works quite beautifully with the Bridge Browser. So try checking out Google Music from the Bridge Browser. (its even not to bad over tethering either)
    06-12-11 03:49 PM
    I got the Netgear ReadyNas Ultra. All my music, all my films, and Orb. What more could you as for
    06-12-11 04:51 PM
    How long did it take to get the invitation?
    06-12-11 06:46 PM
    06-12-11 11:43 PM
    "We're sorry. Music Beta is currently only available in the United States"

Sucks to be in Canada sometimes.
    06-13-11 12:22 AM
    google music isn't accessible as far as i know outside us and probably Canada. tunesaccess.com works just as well for those who live else where e.g. europe with maybe not quite as many features. its free with unlimited storage
    "We're sorry. Music Beta is currently only available in the United States"

Sucks to be in Canada sometimes.
    Try this one.
    06-13-11 09:00 AM
    I keep getting: Oops, we have a technical issue:
    Please refresh this page in your browser to get back to listening to your music. If issues persist, make sure you have Flash enabled and working.
    06-13-11 01:33 PM
    I keep getting: Oops, we have a technical issue:
    Please refresh this page in your browser to get back to listening to your music. If issues persist, make sure you have Flash enabled and working.
    Have you tried minimizing the browser toolbar?

I get that message when my browser toolbar isn't minimized. When it is minimized, Google Music Beta plays fine.

Good luck!
    06-13-11 03:18 PM
    Have you tried minimizing the browser toolbar?

I get that message when my browser toolbar isn't minimized. When it is minimized, Google Music Beta plays fine.

Good luck!
    Thanks, but it's on my Playbook.
    06-13-11 03:41 PM
    Thanks, but it's on my Playbook.
    Ummm, yeah - that's what I'm talking about - the browser on your PlayBook.

If you touch the icon on the top far right of your PB Browser it will hide the browser toolbar (i.e. the icons, the address bar, etc). It should also allow you to play music with Google Music Beta through your PB's browser.

In my case, when that bar isn't hidden I get the same error that you do. When that bar is hidden, it plays music just fine.

Hope this helps!
    06-13-11 05:51 PM
    Ummm, yeah - that's what I'm talking about - the browser on your PlayBook.

If you touch the icon on the top far right of your PB Browser it will hide the browser toolbar (i.e. the icons, the address bar, etc). It should also allow you to play music with Google Music Beta through your PB's browser.

In my case, when that bar isn't hidden I get the same error that you do. When that bar is hidden, it plays music just fine.

Hope this helps!
    Ok. That's just weird. Problem eliminated! Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-11 05:57 PM
    am trying to use same .. the browser min trick works but... ehh no sound ......

any suggestions??
    07-06-11 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD