Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Good diagram app?

I am looking for diagram app having features like smartdraw, Micorsoft Visio in PC. Haven't find one in app world has functions like, undo,redo, rotation, set up color and etc. Any suggestion?
    CrackBerry Addict

I would like to see something like this too.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Experience with Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Palm OS, Android, BlackBerry OS, QNX, BB10, WinMo and a variety of other devices.
    * Long time reseller of MDaemon® Messaging Server, BlackBerry® Edition
    Over 25 years of technology experience.
    Background in Avionics, self-taught on computers since the days of MS-DOS 2.0.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by new10 View Post
    I am looking for diagram app having features like smartdraw, Micorsoft Visio in PC.
    Bear in mind tablets are not PC; for instance the clipboard here just does not handle images, which means even apps capable to insert them afterwards like Smart Office will require you to import them through the (catastrophic) RIM file picker, for instance.
    This said, the least unreasonable free diagram maker I found is called Scheme; I'm not sure you can save other than via screencopy but it indeed features automatic reeditable links for instance.
    Then you have some drawing apps that do handle layers, geometric shapes and text overlays. Most of them are paying and I have almost no experience there; one that allows a free test drive is PaintBook, which is complex because rather a painting/retouch software to begin with, and in my experience it crashes quite often (other than that, has all you want including unlimited undo and impressive layer effects around shapes for instance).
    You may wish to try the free DrawPad too, that has reasonable geometric shapes and undo levels.
    Out of the flock very few have zoom capability, for instance, which I consider key, and very few are actual vectorial draw programs, which should be mandatory here.
    Indeed if you find other, possibly paying apps I'll be very interested.
    (edit) smart office also features some reasonable geometric shapes and arrows (not autoconnectable) in "powerpoint mode"
    Last edited by Herve5; 12-22-2012 at 05:33 AM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Default No qualified app?

Thanks for the info, but no one of you mentioned apps even close to the diagram solution. I new to blackberry and had impression RIM as business/enterprise solution oriented. It is kind of disappointed with current available diagram apps.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by new10 View Post
    Thanks for the info, but no one of you mentioned apps even close to the diagram solution. I new to blackberry and had impression RIM as business/enterprise solution oriented. It is kind of disappointed with current available diagram apps.
    Basically, you buy a tablet and then ask for PC functionalities on it. Remember, as long as tablet clipboards will only handle text, you'll just never be able to draw a diagram and then use it somewhere else anyway. You can lobby for a better clipboard, but I fear what you really want is a PC...
    (in one year from now, things will change: you'll have tablets with complete linux systems on them, so there you'll get vectorial diagram makers along with the way to use their output in LibreOffice documents, for instance. But now, well, no...)