I just downloaded per a suggestion in another thread to rid some notifications I was receiving.

It looks like a VERY powerful program. I just don't know how to use it!

Any help/guidance/direction would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!!

Lonnie
    07-30-12 10:57 PM
    It is complicated and I would not want to lead you into any messes.

On either side, you can navigate around the various folders including hidden one and system one.

First, note where you are and where you go as you move around.

If you swipe downward, the list will scroll up. You can tap any folder and be inside of it and follow subfolders.

If you swipe so that that top of the list shows up, you can tap that topmost item and keep doing so till you reach the most topmost.

The folder Accounts is the one that is the pb's topmost. Blackberry is your bbphone if you have one. (I don't know what might be there if you don't).

Just don't delete anything you are not familiar with as you look around.

I occasionally have trouble getting back to the list if I swipe down from the top and reveal its choices of menus and/or preferences.

Someone else might be more familiar with it entirely.
    07-31-12 01:06 AM
    Without writing a whole Ghost Commander for Dummies, a few tips.
    1) Many may not know, the toolbar at the bottom of the screen scrolls left and right to expose more options.
    2) You can go into settings- top swipe down/application/settings to change various things like adding items to the toolbar or changing the size of photo thumbnails.
    3) tapping on a file in Ghost can do two things- tapping on the left of a file will bring up options as to how to open the file. Tapping on the right selects the item for action that can then be accomplished using the toolbar, ie. rename, move, delete, etc. Choosing move will move the selected file from its present folder to the folder that is showing in the opposite pane. Also, you can muliselect files by tapping on multiple files on the right for action.
    4) Opening a folder, by default the files will appear alphabetically. You can change this order to date, file type, size, etc. from the toolbar.
    5) You can use Ghost to attach files to emails. Find the file you want to attach, tap and hold on it, choose send to, then choose messages. Messages will then open in the compose view with the file attached.
    6) Do NOT use Ghost to create folders. Use a native file manager like Air Browser or Files and Folders to create Folders.
    lcgoldman and SifJar like this.
    07-31-12 11:00 AM
    Thank you for the tips and suggestions.
    07-31-12 11:27 AM
    Seeing as you used Ghost Commander to fix a notification issue, you probably already know that it can access apps installed in the Android virtual machine that can't normally be accessed (e.g. Downloads, Settings etc.). Sadly, most changes made in Settings have no effect and are reverted as soon as you navigate to even a different screen within the Settings app. It does let you force close Android apps if you want though (maybe useful if one has crashed or something) [go into "Applications" and then "Manage applications", then find the app, tap it, then tap "Force stop"].

Don't worry too much about doing damage, you don't have the permissions required to edit or delete any important files.
    07-31-12 11:39 AM
    Seeing as you used Ghost Commander to fix a notification issue, you probably already know that it can access apps installed in the Android virtual machine that can't normally be accessed (e.g. Downloads, Settings etc.). Sadly, most changes made in Settings have no effect and are reverted as soon as you navigate to even a different screen within the Settings app. It does let you force close Android apps if you want though (maybe useful if one has crashed or something) [go into "Applications" and then "Manage applications", then find the app, tap it, then tap "Force stop"].

Don't worry too much about doing damage, you don't have the permissions required to edit or delete any important files.
    That is good to know!
    07-31-12 11:48 AM
    One thing I will note is that occasionally when using the app I seem to get into some alternative navigation mode, where tapping a directory name with select it, instead of navigating into it. When this happens, I generally keep tapping the directory name until it finally opens. I'm sure there is some better way to do it, but I can never tell how I switched from navigating into folders to selecting folders, or how I get back, it just usually works eventually. If anyone has any insight on that I'd be very grateful.
    07-31-12 12:39 PM
    One thing I will note is that occasionally when using the app I seem to get into some alternative navigation mode, where tapping a directory name with select it, instead of navigating into it. When this happens, I generally keep tapping the directory name until it finally opens. I'm sure there is some better way to do it, but I can never tell how I switched from navigating into folders to selecting folders, or how I get back, it just usually works eventually. If anyone has any insight on that I'd be very grateful.
    Tapping on folders works the same way as tapping on files, as I mentioned above. Tap on the left hand side of the folder to open it- tap to the right to select the folder.
    SifJar likes this.
    07-31-12 01:04 PM
    Tapping on folders works the same way as tapping on files, as I mentioned above. Tap on the left hand side of the folder to open it- tap to the right to select the folder.
    Apologies, I must admit I only skimmed your post, and I missed that very useful tip. Excellent, thank you.
    07-31-12 01:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD