Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GooseberryFool
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default ? Getting bought app onto 2nd Playbook (owner with two PBs)

Hi
    I have two Playbooks, both using the same BB ID, although obviously different Playbook numbers. When I've selected to download free apps onto the 2nd PB, it has come up with 'Reinstall' and then asked me to associate with my other PB

However, a paid-for app doesn't come up with the 'Reinstall' option and to associate with other PB but would appear to be treating it as a new download requiring payment. I didn't think this would be the case. Surely you don't have to pay again for an app for second/third devices?

Hopefully, someone can put me right here.
    Thanks
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    482 Global Posts

The best way I found is to backup from one PlayBook and restore onto the other.

Now updates obviously won't come in for both. Just the one that has paid for the app.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why is it that the only commandment that God gave that starts with the word remember, we seem to "forget".

Rest on the seventh day.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I have had no problems getting paid apps on both PBs, so something is wrong. You shouldn't have to go to all the work of USB port. Hopefully someone will come along that can help. Good luck, and make sure you report back when you have a solution so others can benefit.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Emigre View Post
    I have had no problems getting paid apps on both PBs, so something is wrong. You shouldn't have to go to all the work of USB port. Hopefully someone will come along that can help. Good luck, and make sure you report back when you have a solution so others can benefit.
    Thanks, that's reassuring. I'm sure I've read on these forums somewhere that people can download to more than one device.

I've also, just now, sent a message to the developers asking them so, hopefully, they will be able to sort it out, or tell me what I should be doing. However, if anyone knows the reason/solution, please post

Yes, certainly I will post back once I know the solution. As you say, others can also benefit if they experience the same/similar issue.

Thanks
    CrackBerry Addict

Have you tried refreshing your app list? Or maybe the app changed price thats why you dont get the reinstall option.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Blackman91 View Post
    Have you tried refreshing your app list? Or maybe the app changed price thats why you dont get the reinstall option.
    Yay! Absolutely spot on!!! Thank you so much

Just did a refresh in 'My World', then selected the game from the Games list. During the refresh process, it did ask whether to associate with my 'other' Playbook, so tapped OK and, YES, it came up with Reinstall - instead of the previous 'Purchase'.

So, obviously needed to refresh the list of installed apps first. Like so many things, so easy (when you know how! ; )

Many thanks to you all for your help
    Cheers
    jamesharmeling likes this.