Hi,
    I recently released my new App "GeoGenius HD".
    Since it's one of my first Apps and I'm currently working on a few new ones, I'd be very happy if some of you would check it out and maybe leave some thoughts here.

It's basically about guessing countries on the worldmap. It offers 200 countries, Single-/Multiplayer and a variety of difficulty levels, so that it starts quite easy and becomes a real challenge in the end.

I'm really looking forward to some feedback.

Regards,
    fancyoso
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-03-12 12:20 PM
    Well I paid a buck to try it.

Nice concept but screen too small to pinpoint countries and I couldn't zoom in using my fingers. In the training mode.

Asked for Georgia which is former USSR and pointed to The State of Georgia above Florida in USA.

Keep on it as it is a neat idea.

I will post more after I play some more.
    07-03-12 02:54 PM
    You need to be able to zoom in because the tip of a finger covers about 500km diameter circle. And when you try to hit a skinny country like Japan more times than not you miss and hit water.
    07-03-12 03:02 PM
    first of all thank you so much for sacrificing your time and money.
    i hope you don't feel it's completely wasted.

i already thought about zooming in, but if you have a slow connection, there is no chance of guessing the country in time. even if the connection is fast, you start playing hectically with all the pinching and that makes the countdown just frustrating.

but as good as the excuses are, they don't help the user
    i'll try making a fine-adjustment feature, that lets you guess, then stops the countdown and then lets you fineadjust your guess in an appropriate radius.

thank you again, i'll get to work immediately
    07-03-12 03:58 PM
    first of all thank you so much for sacrificing your time and money.
    i hope you don't feel it's completely wasted.

i already thought about zooming in, but if you have a slow connection, there is no chance of guessing the country in time. even if the connection is fast, you start playing hectically with all the pinching and that makes the countdown just frustrating.

but as good as the excuses are, they don't help the user
    i'll try making a fine-adjustment feature, that lets you guess, then stops the countdown and then lets you fineadjust your guess in an appropriate radius.

thank you again, i'll get to work immediately
    I think this has the potential to be fun game where the user will gain by learning something of value as opposed to wacking piglets with a slingshot. LoL

I honestly don't think it a waste of my time or money.

Keep in mind us old guys with bad eyesight and fat fingers. OK?

Keep plugging away.
    07-03-12 05:30 PM
    The fine tuning helps.

How about when you select the region it zooms into that region before the first country is displayed. I.e. First two choices are Europe and Asia. When you pick one allow it to zoom into that Region before first country pops up and clock starts.

Any chance to outline the borders of the countries in white to make them easier to select?

Keep at it. Getting better.
    07-06-12 05:09 AM
    I'm currently looking into drawing borders around the countries, as you suggested.

Originally i disposed the idea of a zoom-function because it really slows the game down, if you have a slow connection. But a regional zoom might just work, I'll look into that. But as always, when you have the most ideas you have the least time.
    07-23-12 12:21 PM
    Does this require a wifi connection to play (i got that impression when you talked about if you were on a slow link)?

I'd buy this game (even with trouble selecting small countries) if it worked w/o an internet connection.
    07-23-12 02:51 PM
    hi,
    i'm sry, but it requires an internet connection to play, because it uses google maps...
    07-23-12 07:45 PM
    The new update just got into AppWorld.
    Under "Options" you are now able to toggle country borders.

One migh think this is easy to do with google maps. Well... it is not when you use flash

This allowed me to get started on the zoom function and it's 60% done already (I'm guessing). Hopefully my university allow me to get finished soon, because the users seem to want it

As always I'm happy about any kind of feedback, ideas for improvement or anything else.
    08-08-12 04:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD