i know most of you complain abt the lack of games for the pb but i see alot of games in appworld for the phones but not for the pb. Fifa, sims 3, sid meiers, games by gamesloft are all in appworld on my phone and this makes me think is RIM making errors by putting games for the phones but not pb. doesnt make sense especially bb phones are useless for games.

so we will see other games soon enough after looking at it.
    06-30-11 08:54 AM
    i know most of you complain abt the lack of games for the pb but i see alot of games in appworld for the phones but not for the pb. Fifa, sims 3, sid meiers, games by gamesloft are all in appworld on my phone and this makes me think is RIM making errors by putting games for the phones but not pb. doesnt make sense especially bb phones are useless for games.

so we will see other games soon enough after looking at it.
    RIM is not responsible for making the games, the developers are. Creating an environment to encourage developers to make the playbook games is a totally different story
    06-30-11 09:01 AM
    There has also been reports that they will or are developing an player for BB phone apps same as the android one.
    06-30-11 11:46 AM
    My problem is not that there are a lack of games in Appworld for the Playbook - there are plenty there - the problem is that there are a lack of "real" games on the Playbook, i.e., like Need For Speed.

This is not to critize the current games or the developers for what as been released to date, but most of these are simple games with simple graphics that one would play on short trips or for a few minutes at a time, etc.

I'm hoping to see some more robust games coming out for the Playbook. It would be interesting to see PopCan, SquareSoft, and some of the other "mainstream" developers bring something out to the Playbook. Guess we will wait to see if that ever comes to pass.
    06-30-11 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD