You guys tell me if the tech assist person that wrote me back was a fool or something else going on here...

I have an issue with NOVA 2 hd and wrote gameloft about it. After getting the usual auto mail saying "dont respond... looking into the matter..." and a two day delay, gameloft wroteme back saying "sorry but gameloft does not support the blackberry playbook, contact blackberry about your issue."

Weird, they have games for the PB on appworld but dont support the playbook?
    10-26-11 08:13 PM
    You guys tell me if the tech assist person that wrote me back was a fool or something else going on here...

I have an issue with NOVA 2 hd and wrote gameloft about it. After getting the usual auto mail saying "dont respond... looking into the matter..." and a two day delay, gameloft wroteme back saying "sorry but gameloft does not support the blackberry playbook, contact blackberry about your issue."

Weird, they have games for the PB on appworld but dont support the playbook?
    I'm not sure what to think of the whole Gameloft and their support of the Playbook. I'm not thinking of their games per say, but rather their staff and workers.

I emailed Gameloft to express my thanks to them for supporting the Playbook and received a response similar to you whereby the individual who replied said "thank you for your positive comments; however, the Blackberry Playbook is not currently supported".

I also find it odd that their website does not indicate that the Playbook is supported. And lastly I find it odd that sending them tweets about their games on the Playbook always go unanswered while every other platform question received an answer.

I'm hoping that this is simply a case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing.
    Venichie likes this.
    10-26-11 08:24 PM
    I'm not sure what to think of the whole Gameloft and their support of the Playbook. I'm not thinking of their games per say, but rather their staff and workers.

I emailed Gameloft to express my thanks to them for supporting the Playbook and received a response similar to you whereby the individual who replied said "thank you for your positive comments; however, the Blackberry Playbook is not currently supported".

I also find it odd that their website does not indicate that the Playbook is supported. And lastly I find it odd that sending them tweets about their games on the Playbook always go unanswered while every other platform question received an answer.

I'm hoping that this is simply a case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing.

You may be right...

When you go to the gameloft.com multiplayer gamesite to find games and opponents, you see that NOVA 2: HD is listed only as an android game.

Maybe somebody needs to *ahem* remind them...
    10-26-11 10:00 PM
    If you have a Gameloft game, then click on the option called "More Games"
    10-27-11 09:02 AM
    could it be that RIM just reached an agreement w/ Gameloft to port their apps over to the PlayBook???

That would, at least, explain the disconnect with their support - who may not necessarily know of the 'agreement'???
    Spaceheater likes this.
    10-27-11 10:03 AM
    It's strange, they ignored 2 of my tweets too!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-11 11:48 AM
    could it be that RIM just reached an agreement w/ Gameloft to port their apps over to the PlayBook???

That would, at least, explain the disconnect with their support - who may not necessarily know of the 'agreement'???
    These are paid apps though so if they are getting the money they should offer support.
    10-27-11 12:42 PM
    I'm curious now. Aside from getting a response that says something similar to the OP's in that the Playbook is not currently supported, has anyone, either through facebook, email, or twitter, received any respone from Gameloft that at least acknowledges that they even have apps for the Playbook available or are going to continue to release games for the Playbook?

I ask as has already been indicated above, I can't find a single response on twitter or facebook to which Gameloft has acknowledged the Playbook; responded to someone questioning about it; nor can I find a single person who has emailed Gameloft thanking them for their existing games to which a response has come back that didnt say "thank you, but we dont support the Playbook at this time."

Perhaps as someone said in a previous post, RIM paid to have the games brought over as Gameloft never had any real intention of supporting it. I really hope that's incorrect to be honest as if its true, then it brings into question as to whether or not anything else from Gameloft will be appearing.

I guess I find it strange that they seem awfully quiet in terms of communicating with their fans - even on their official forums, posts about the Playbook go ignored. Strange indeed.
    10-28-11 01:17 AM
    Perhaps as someone said in a previous post, RIM paid to have the games brought over as Gameloft never had any real intention of supporting it. I really hope that's incorrect to be honest as if its true, then it brings into question as to whether or not anything else from Gameloft will be appearing.
    Well, i do know RIM has increased the budget to the folks responsible for getting games on the playbook with the order to "do whatever it takes to encourage people to make games for the playbook", and a lot of devcon was dedicated to android types and getting them to import android games for the playbook (which, as i understand, is taking place right now in droves)

So... yea, it is possible gameloft reluctantly ported this game, and the others, so it still doesnt care to supported it. Its a strange precident for the gaming community but hopefully just a step to get the ball rolling.
    10-28-11 04:38 AM
    if you guys log into NOVA or MC2 and click multiplayer click create account from there just sign in dont bother creating an account. if you click on "Games" tab you'll see your games listed and "Last played" you'll see it says the games title and below that "for Andriod" this makes me belive they arent truely supporting the PlayBook and RIM must have ported it over or something alone those lines
    01-29-12 03:51 AM
    strange how can they take money and not support the consumer. i am sure there would be laws regarding this.
    01-29-12 04:39 AM
    if you guys log into NOVA or MC2 and click multiplayer click create account from there just sign in dont bother creating an account. if you click on "Games" tab you'll see your games listed and "Last played" you'll see it says the games title and below that "for Andriod" this makes me belive they arent truely supporting the PlayBook and RIM must have ported it over or something alone those lines
    Rim bought the rights for these games and a developer team called BB Apps ported them. So that's the reason Gameloft does'nt support PB. So dont expect any good stuff from Gameloft any time soon. Try contacting BB Apps for support & for more games

Hi,
    Thank you for your letter. Unfortunately I do not have a technical ability to help you as all the rights for Playbook applications belong to BB Apps. I would recommend you to contact

BlackBerry - App World Help
    http://blackberry.com/appworld/support

in order to resolve your technical or billing issues (as the billing goes on their site).

If you have any other question, please do not hesitate to contact me.
    Sincerely,
    -------------------------------
    Elena Popsulis
    Customer Care Agent
    Mobile Games - Top iPhone Games, Android Games, Java Games for Cell Phones | Gameloft
    uzmarvel likes this.
    01-29-12 06:30 AM
    Wow and here I was thinking they were supporting us.
    Oh well guess the only big Developer that really showed support
    was EA.
    I guess as long as RIM keeps buying more Games from
    them and Port them I'll be happy.
    01-29-12 07:27 AM
    I emailed gameloft and asked if they had plans to bring order and chaos to the playbook and they respond with unable to tell me if they plan to bring any titles to another platform.
    01-29-12 08:04 AM
    How does one get in contact with BB Apps? And I wish RIM would remove their name from App World since they aren't supporting the playbook

PS Gameloft is stupid id buy so many more games of theirs
    Race Driver likes this.
    01-29-12 09:21 AM
    yeah me too I purchased every single game from them on the PLaybook with the exception of Soccer 2011.
    hmmm thinking about it Maybe RIM should purchase apps from other
    companies who refuse to make games for the Playbook. I'm sure
    Rim will make the money back on the App.
    01-29-12 09:26 AM
    Question is does rim get the money or is it paying just to port it over and Gameloft still gets the proceeds?
    01-29-12 09:32 AM
    Hmmm good question. I hope they don't since they offer no help after the sale.
    01-29-12 09:52 AM
    Well that certainly explains a lot. I've thought since the beginning that it was odd how gameloft seemingly denies that the playbook doesn't exist and that they don't support it. Oh well, I will keep tweeting to them anytime they post info about a new game asking them to bring it over to our side
    01-29-12 11:26 AM
    Look at the bright side guys... If GL is not part of this, it means RIM is getting all the cash from the sales.

And I know I was not the only one getting those games!
    01-29-12 01:59 PM
    Yep... seems RIM is getting the money.

Interesting scenario. I had no clue. Gameloft can be finicky (even with Android), so I was impressed that they moved to the PB.

RIM decided to make it happen. It does go to show that if RIM wants to, they CAN spur app development. The question is whether the potential cost (licensing) is worth it.
    01-29-12 02:10 PM
    Related to this; then who should people be contacting to request other Gameloft games to come to the Playbook? I presume, in this case, that sending anything to Gameloft is useless.
    01-29-12 03:37 PM
    Well this brings an interesting twist to the story.

Not that it matters as long as the games work and get updated for bugs. Seems a few Gameloft games do have bugs at the moment, most notably Uno.

Perhaps if it is true about licensing etc, it explains why we see them on at great sale prices too ;-)
    01-29-12 05:13 PM
    One lil detail though is that support info in AppWorld points to GameLoft, not RIM.

Something smells fishy...
    01-29-12 05:31 PM
    Gameloft barely supports their Android titles, so support for the Playbook apps I knew would be non-existant.
    01-29-12 05:42 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD