We do actually have that in the works currently, we are re-writing the backend so that you can play from the web and from our PlayBook app that should be coming this summer. And then we are going to start work on the 3D version of the game, but it will be in Java so we will use the Android Player so you can play it on the PlayBook. Then the aim next year is to create a game from the same game engin but not linked the the current game. More on all of this at a later date.
    If only you would do the Plants vs. Zombies clones. Such a game would be great on a touch sensitive tablet device.

Oh well, .... wishful thinking.
    05-18-11 05:59 PM
    Here's another vote for a mario type game.
    05-18-11 06:19 PM
    First person shooter game, bit like Call of Duty?
    I don't get it. You were talking about "something bigger" and you come up with COD. A series that sold very well, but also is THE epitome of uncreativeness and unpretentiousness. If you want to demonstrate that you are a creative and ambitious game design studio, then please don't make something like Call of Duty. A game like that just screams "Hey idiots, we just wanted to sell a lot and had no ideas for an interesting game! So here's your 08/15 FPS!"

Seriously, I don't think a FPS can be played well on a touch-based device. It's ridiculous compared to anything that can be played with mouse/keyboard or a game controller.
    05-19-11 03:08 PM
    My vote is for a Plants vs Zombies clone. You can still keep it high-end by giving it extremely detailed graphics and slick animations, but it will be accessible to the average user because the gameplay is so simple (which in turn means more sales for you.) That style of play really lends itself well to the touchscreen - I've played the flash version online with my PB and it was awesome.. until it crashed the browser, of course. I don't buy many apps - none yet for the PlayBook, in fact - but if Plants vs Zombies (or any similar, just-as-high-quality game) came out tomorrow, it would be MINE MINE MINE without thinking twice.
    05-19-11 04:06 PM
    I don't get it. You were talking about "something bigger" and you come up with COD. A series that sold very well, but also is THE epitome of uncreativeness and unpretentiousness. If you want to demonstrate that you are a creative and ambitious game design studio, then please don't make something like Call of Duty. A game like that just screams "Hey idiots, we just wanted to sell a lot and had no ideas for an interesting game! So here's your 08/15 FPS!"

Seriously, I don't think a FPS can be played well on a touch-based device. It's ridiculous compared to anything that can be played with mouse/keyboard or a game controller.
    Currently I'm trying to find two ideas, one that will be a community project and another that we will create, the first idea can be a copy of a current game, e.g. Call of Daty, something that we know will do well. The other idea needs to be what I think you are getting at, because it will be a game to get us known.
    05-19-11 04:15 PM
    Just curious, this CoD type game needs to be from an existing open source Engine that you will port or? IF it did turn out to be a CoD or CoD clone (for legal reasons?), you would just use the UT3 Engine and then do the rest yourself?

Im obviously not a game dev, Im just curious how this will work and also lets us know what your limitations are.
    05-19-11 04:45 PM
    Currently I'm trying to find two ideas, one that will be a community project and another that we will create, the first idea can be a copy of a current game, e.g. Call of Daty, something that we know will do well. The other idea needs to be what I think you are getting at, because it will be a game to get us known.
    Then I will be looking forward to your "other idea" and hope it'll be a interesting creation that will distinguish you from the crowd of app makers!
    05-19-11 05:22 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD