Shouldn't BB 10 phones also support the instalation of actual BB Phones apps ?
    I doubt that Y! Messenger, MSN Messenger , Paypal, etc will create new apps for the new BB OS.

There's a reason iOS/Android has so many apps. They usually use the same apps for their phones/tablets.
    03-17-12 10:12 AM
    Shouldn't BB 10 phones also support the instalation of actual BB Phones apps ?
    I doubt that Y! Messenger, MSN Messenger , Paypal, etc will create new apps for the new BB OS.

There's a reason iOS/Android has so many apps. They usually use the same apps for their phones/tablets.
    Going forward RIM will have a unified OS an all devices. The plan is that developers will need to make minimal changes to an app to make it run on every device. Developers who have written PlayBook apps are pleased about the prospect of NOT having to re-write their apps for BB10 phones.

This will not be retroactive to OS7 and prior OSs. Current BBOS apps are written in variations of Java for mobile devices. RIM will not be supporting Java of any flavour going forward, so developers will have to port their apps to a supported SDK.
    03-17-12 11:37 AM
    most of the apps you mentioned are made by RIM themselves. Search Results for "RIM" - BlackBerry App World

its still too early to tell what they would do, but the current apps i feel will not do the new BB10 OS justice. They did originally wanted to include a java player but decided not to.
    03-17-12 01:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD