Are the free premium apps only for playbook or phones or both?
    It mention that
    --the availability of this offer will depend on the type of device, operating system version, access to BlackBerry App World and local conditions and/or restrictions;
    so its not clear.

Can anyone confirm or deny or have more information on this.
    It would be super sweet if All this is for playbook as well & with the devcon thing and free premium apps would give it a nice bump in sales for the playbook.

The only downside is that if it indeed is for playbook also, there might be a slight chance that the OS 2.0 might not actually be released on devcon and is a temporary solution to appease the customer base until the new os is released thereafter devcon...
    10-17-11 07:46 AM
    As far as I can tell from the list, looks like all BB apps, not PB although some people seem confused (ex. N.O.V.A. is a BB app, not N.O.V.A. 2 HD). Which makes sense, since PB's weren't exactly affected by the outage.
    10-17-11 07:50 AM
    Yeah, I'd like to know that as well. Since getting the Playbook, I don't even use my phone for games anymore. I use my playbook for just about everything now except phone calls and texting.
    bquinney likes this.
    10-17-11 07:51 AM
    From the front page:

The selections over this period will include the following (with more to come):

Bejeweled - Electronic Arts
    N.O.V.A. - Gameloft

Those are all playbook apps no?
    Last edited by gdong; 10-17-11 at 07:58 AM.
    10-17-11 07:53 AM
    No they are not. Bejeweled 2 and N.O.V.A. 2 HD are playbook apps. These are not mentioned on the front page. Time will tell what apps are free and what apps are not, but my strongest feeling is that it will only be phone games due to phones were the devices specifically impacted by the outage.
    10-17-11 08:13 AM
    It would be really nice, but don't think we are gonna see any free premium apps for PB since like someone said already, the outage didn't exactly affect the PB.
    10-17-11 09:00 AM
    NOOOO it did! since the PB doesnt have native PIM making it dependent on the phone! lol butnit would still be afffected and even worse if it DID have PIM so that makes my statement irrelevant :O

and now im :s
    MrBugMan likes this.
    10-17-11 09:08 AM
    Just saw a news report on the appworld good faith move on MSNBC reported by one of their people from CNBC.
    10-17-11 10:03 AM
    This is a pretty good move by RIM to maintain their user base. One of their chief competitors locks their users into their ecosystem. Giving BB owners a vested interest in keeping their devices by means of free premium apps is clever and demonstrates a clear example of good faith. Bravo RIM.
    10-17-11 10:15 AM
    From the front page:

The selections over this period will include the following (with more to come):

Bejeweled - Electronic Arts
    N.O.V.A. - Gameloft

Those are all playbook apps no?
    No

Bejeweled 2 and NOVA 2 are playbook apps.

Bejeweled is available for my torch so the free one is probably a BB app.
    But NOVA I got no idea unless it is a OS 7 exclusive app which would make sense with the hardware.
    10-17-11 10:43 AM
    yea i dont think it would b pb apps since thats not tied to the bis really although would b cool though
    10-17-11 04:19 PM
    RIM has a great opportunity here to jumpstart the playbook sales again withe the free offer....
    10-17-11 05:31 PM
    New Playbook users were affected during the outages. I had just got mine and was doing the OS update. It was slow and kept crashing even though I have a 25mb internet connection. I couldn't install any apps because the app store wouldn't open. When I did update I had many problems needed to reinstall twice before things worked somewhat normal. I thought the PB was a complete POS and was a second away from returning it.

So If you had the misfortune of trying to access the app store for the first time and doing a major OS update for the first time you were definitely affected by the servers not responding.

In the end. I am happy with the Playbook and hope the new OS gives it a little more utility.
    10-17-11 06:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD