Does this still work? I've tried about 5 different proxies and they all only give me the option of 2 games. Modern Combat and Asphalt 6.
    03-06-12 04:16 PM
    You got me all excited for N.O.V.A 2 and UNO
    HEY! Uno is a lotta fun!
    03-06-12 05:19 PM
    Does this still work? I've tried about 5 different proxies and they all only give me the option of 2 games. Modern Combat and Asphalt 6.
    Hey there eoinzy, I don't have time to try any right now but try some from this list
    03-06-12 08:25 PM
    as anyone else had success with this? Ive tried maaaaany servers but it always hangs on the app world main page. Ive left it for 1 hr just sitting there trying to open, but no luck

suggestions?
    03-08-12 12:11 PM
    190.248.67.138 port: 8080 worked for me as of 3/11/12 at 10:07pm. Thanks guys for this tip!
    03-11-12 09:09 PM
    Enjoyit! Free apps until 21 may
    Not fair for US users... Lets try VPN though... just might work...
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    03-11-12 09:22 PM
    Not fair for US users... Lets try VPN though... just might work...
    Check my previous post right before yours, the proxy is still good!!!
    03-11-12 09:47 PM
    190.248.67.138 port: 8080 worked for me as of 3/11/12 at 10:07pm. Thanks guys for this tip!
    This one worked for me too!
    03-12-12 01:01 AM
    Quick instructions on how to enter a proxy onto your Playbook:

1) Access the options menu then select Wi-Fi

2) Then "Select a Network" and from the drop down choose "Saved Networks"

3) Locate you home network and click it.

4) Scroll down and tick off "Use http Proxy"

5) Under Proxy Server, input the proxy of choice (currently this works: 190.248.67.138) and for Proxy Port input: 8080

6) Tick off Allow inter-access point handover, and click Save and Connect.

Now as mentioned previously, enter appworld and it should automatically direct you to that region's appworld. Find the apps under featured and click download. In My World, once you see the download bar saying "downloading" click on cancel. Do this for the other ones you wish to download as well. Once you've "cancelled" all they should be in ur "Uninstalled" section.

Go back to your Wi-Fi options and unselect "Use http Proxy" and unselect "Allow inter-access point behavior" and click Save and continue.

Go back into your appworld, uninstalled, and select "Reinstall" and enjoy! Thanks to whoever bought this whole IP Proxy idea.

Edit: After my download started and I was half way through it, everything suddenly disappeared from installed, uninstalled. Tried going back to do the same procedure again and it seems the "download" button has vanished.
    Last edited by Vector-SS; 03-12-12 at 04:28 AM.
    frankie3s likes this.
    03-12-12 04:09 AM
    Maybe everybody is already aware of this but while you are deleting the proxy do not refresh your app list or these downloads will dissapear
    03-12-12 08:46 AM
    You guys are cheating RIM by using a VPN!
    03-12-12 08:48 AM
    Well I gave it the old college try but it was a no go. I'm not sure if my work's internet security had something to do with it so I'll give it a shot from home tonight.
    03-12-12 10:49 AM
    Maybe everybody is already aware of this but while you are deleting the proxy do not refresh your app list or these downloads will dissapear
    That's what happened to me. I turned off the proxy and hit save, the PB disconnects and reconnects to the network now with no proxy, but b/c it disconnected for 10s BB appworld also disconnected and the apps have disappeared. Now when I reuse the proxy there is no download button and these apps are not located in the installed list or unistalled list. What can I do now?
    03-12-12 11:04 AM
    Awesome and you might want to browse that app store also as for some reason they think the rest of the world has more money I gave this appstore some love back since I got some apps I really needed lol (might have to check all the app stores and do some comparative shopping - what countries are their different app stores in)
    03-13-12 09:43 AM
    Proxy worked fine. Did as instructed, started and then cancelled downloads....the items appeared in Uninstalled List. Then closed App World & removed proxy, logged back into App World, and they were no longer listed in Uninstalled List. Next time, did the same thing, but kept App World open when removing proxy, they were still listed in Uninstalled List. Looks to be downloading now, as I post.
    03-13-12 10:02 AM
    That's what happened to me. I turned off the proxy and hit save, the PB disconnects and reconnects to the network now with no proxy, but b/c it disconnected for 10s BB appworld also disconnected and the apps have disappeared. Now when I reuse the proxy there is no download button and these apps are not located in the installed list or unistalled list. What can I do now?
    It seems we had one shot at it and we messed it up

My download button is also no longer showing and I've tried a different proxy as well, oh well...
    03-13-12 12:33 PM
    Tried the Columbian Proxy today and it didn't work. Does this still work?
    04-08-12 04:29 PM
    Are they still even offering the games for free? I don't have my playbook with me so I can't check. You might have to try with a different proxy listed from the website that was given a few posts back.
    04-09-12 10:38 AM
    Are they still even offering the games for free? I don't have my playbook with me so I can't check. You might have to try with a different proxy listed from the website that was given a few posts back.
    Yup. Just finished download stuff a few minutes ago.
    04-09-12 10:53 PM
    Just one quick thing I dunno and omg I love ur dog pic on ur name thingy lol its gorgeous talk ltr x
    02-05-13 01:08 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD