I'm in need of a decent free (or cheap) photo editor I can download for my Playbook. I want to be able to crop and apply effects and filters etc. All the basics.

Thank you for your recommendations in advance.
    01-07-13 02:16 PM
    hi , just download adobe photoshop
    I have it on my playbook
    you can find photoshop on goodereader ,and it's full and free specially converted from android to playbook
    oh yeah and ... C'mon already with that bb 10 os for playbook RIM >:-( it's frustrating for some of us to download android app on playbook

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Crackberry App
    01-07-13 02:26 PM
    Try Photo Studio, PicShop Lite or InstaPhoto
    sushistew, Crowezine and Gyronman like this.
    01-07-13 03:31 PM
    01-07-13 09:38 PM
    +1 picshop lite and photo studio free
    Crowezine and cyblitz like this.
    01-07-13 11:28 PM
    PicShop would have to be my favourite for touching up. Photo Studio (Free) is great for adding for frames, although for more frame options you have to buy the paid one. Similar situation with PicShop, but if you want you can just use the free ones... Freely.
    cyblitz likes this.
    01-08-13 01:38 AM
    The (very good) Pixlr online has an offline counterpart named Sumo Paint Air (paying but cheap). To my knowledge it's the only one app that allows you to correct photos with a luminance intensity Curves tool, which for me is indispensable to any serious processing*. Now, Pixlr definitely is not a native app, and this is very visible: minuscule controls, some not working (the clone tool involves a control-click to define the source area...)
    I use Sumo Paint air with an Adonit jot pro stylus (to aim precisely) whenever I need Curves, otherwise my preferred are Photo Studio (android port, which is a clear advantage here because it allows easy handling of separate photo folders) and Photo Editor Ultimate Free (same comment).
    Beware there are other clones of Pixlr that look like they are offline while it is not the case; be sure to check before buying. (and if the situation has changed don't hesitate to repost here )
    And if you buy a native app be sure to verify it won't just use the Playbook default file picker, otherwise when asking to "open" you'll see all the tablet photos, flat-presented, after what can be a very long scan delay as soon as you have more than a dozen: just unusable.

(*) or just to save a blackened face in front of an exceedingly clear background...
    01-08-13 02:54 AM
    The (very good) Pixlr online has an offline counterpart named Sumo Paint Air (paying but cheap). To my knowledge it's the only one app that allows you to correct photos with a luminance intensity Curves tool, which for me is indispensable to any serious processing*. Now, Pixlr definitely is not a native app, and this is very visible: minuscule controls, some not working (the clone tool involves a control-click to define the source area...)
    I use Sumo Paint air with an Adonit jot pro stylus (to aim precisely) whenever I need Curves, otherwise my preferred are Photo Studio (android port, which is a clear advantage here because it allows easy handling of separate photo folders) and Photo Editor Ultimate Free (same comment).
    Beware there are other clones of Pixlr that look like they are offline while it is not the case; be sure to check before buying. (and if the situation has changed don't hesitate to repost here )
    And if you buy a native app be sure to verify it won't just use the Playbook default file picker, otherwise when asking to "open" you'll see all the tablet photos, flat-presented, after what can be a very long scan delay as soon as you have more than a dozen: just unusable.

(*) or just to save a blackened face in front of an exceedingly clear background...
    What kind of file browser does Sumo Paint use? The awful native (have to scroll 3,000 images) or its own?
    01-08-13 12:30 PM
    I've just brought Photo Studio PRO for �4. Proper worth the money, it's deeeeeeecent!
    cyblitz likes this.
    01-08-13 02:02 PM
    yes i own photo studio, and insta photo and picshop pro, love me the photo apps, playbook takes some nice pictures
    01-08-13 10:54 PM
    What kind of file browser does Sumo Paint use? The awful native (have to scroll 3,000 images) or its own?
    Alas. The awful.
    I have to scroll the same number of images, and this translates in a non-responsive wait of 1 full minute followed by a just-non-scrollable list --the only way to survive being to identify the image name with e. g. Files & Folders, then use the Search button with that name in The Awful...
    (but then Curves do work )
    FF22 likes this.
    01-09-13 04:06 AM
    i never figured out why instagram didn't go for blackberry also ... hope it will be on bb10 for pb ...
    altough bb are for business we all know that there are bb models for multimedia .. but thats just me ..
    01-09-13 03:08 PM