Hey Guys,

You may have seen the post on the CB home page about our app but just wanted come here and start a thread so we could have a place for your feedback, comments, suggestions.

If you dont know, FourPlay is the best (and only) foursquare experience for the PlayBook.

With FourPlay you can:
    - Checkin to your favorite venues
    - Add photos to your checkins
    - Check out your friends recent checkins
    - View and leave comments on checkins
    - View pictures attached to the checkins
    - Explore nearby venues to see complete venue stats along with who is there now and venue pictures
    - See your friends profile, complete with a full view of all of their badges

Leave a message here is you have something for us and we hope you enjoy the app!

Our website: Website
    Promo videos: Vimeo Channel
    Nicky Ho likes this.
    04-19-11 05:52 PM
    I figured there would be more enthusiasm, bump. I'll try it when I pick up my pre-order.
    04-19-11 11:08 PM
    With GPS not working, it seems like the app has to be put on hold for a bit. Looks really promising and I'm excited to use it. Have it downloaded but can't use it unfortunately.
    04-19-11 11:12 PM
    Yea RIM, needs to get the GPS enabled, BUT the app looks SWEET! Great interface guys!
    04-19-11 11:57 PM
    Thanks, GPS is a bummer. Mine goes in and out on my playbook, I get it at work sometimes, randomly get it at home. Its a crap shoot. You can still use it to view check-ins/photos and comment on things in the mean time if you're into that kind of thing.
    04-20-11 12:25 AM
    Just an update. We are putting an update into App World that will let you enter your location as a workaround until gps is reliably working. I know some people are having more success with gps than others but we thought this would help a lot to be able to enter your location.
    04-23-11 09:27 PM
    I like it!

Took me a few minutes to figure out how to get to the CheckIn prompt, once I figured that part out, it is pretty simple.

In the Settings window, what does the CheckIns dropdown accomplish?

I assume the Refresh dropdown is where you can set how often you want the program to refresh?
    04-24-11 11:42 AM
    I like it!

Took me a few minutes to figure out how to get to the CheckIn prompt, once I figured that part out, it is pretty simple.

In the Settings window, what does the CheckIns dropdown accomplish?

I assume the Refresh dropdown is where you can set how often you want the program to refresh?

The checkins dropdown sets how many of your friends checkins you want to have in that list. I dont know how many people have more than 25 friends on 4square but my business partner has like 200 so that just allows him to see all or most of his friends at once.

And yes the refresh tells it how long between updates. Although as I am finding out since having a real device, depending on your multitasking settings, when you switch apps it wont update in the bg and just refreshes when you open it back up. That will be a little troublesome when we add notifications down the line.
    Binghamite likes this.
    04-24-11 01:24 PM
    This app looks good but it cant find my location. *thunbsdown*
    06-22-12 07:01 PM
    Yep same problem here. All my other GPS enabled apps find my location fine, but Fourplay rarely finds my location even with the subsequent OS updates having improved the GPS. It also hasn't been updated in over 6 months. I rarely use anymore, preferring instead Foursquare on my 9900.
    06-24-12 02:48 PM
    Tip (for the developers); use HTML5 Geolocation; find your location without GPS
    06-24-12 04:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD