Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    2840F011
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Forgotten Tales RPG!

From the screenshots, this game doesn't look amazing. Dowloading it now, so I'll post an initial review in a bit!
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    2840F011
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

Default Re: Forgotten Tales RPG!

Okay, so, initial impression. It uses the Android player, so navigating sometimes requires the top bezel down-swipe back button, or lower bezel corner thumb swipe. Had to restart my PlayBook to get the game to go beyond the start menu. Graphically, it's not amazing, but it's understandable considering the size of the game. The first thing that might strike you are the controls, which call on you to tap the screen to tell your hero where to go, and he hasn't learned how to walk diagonally.

The combat is automatic, and so far involves an enemy walking towards you until your hero engages it in combat. The two will hack at each other until one is dead. It follows the old school style of RPG, with large enough environments and random creatures wandering about it for you to level up on. You'll get the standard quests of the genre, kill X amount of these, bring this to X, etc. Creatures seem to constantly respawn, so you'll never run out of them, which is good. What's bad, is that there's no way to clear an area out, so you're always at risk of attack, from any direction, even from part of a hallway that you just walked through.

I found a village with a shop where you can buy and sell items. When you go up a level, you get points to assign to strength, armour and dexterity. It's very playable, but for 3 dollars, you might hope for a little more production value. I have screenshots, but didn't bother posting them, as they don't really show anything that the ones in App World don't.
    Thanked by:
    Serdic (11-13-2012) 
    CrackBerry User

Thanks for the review, was hoping for a bit more in a new PB RPG but guess I'll just save my 3 bucks.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    193 Global Posts

I am currently playing this on the PlayBook. One thing to make sure of is ONLY LEVEL up dexterity. You will end up getting more solid hits.