I've submitted a request to port ForeFlight to the PlayBook, but have not heard anything in response. Does anyone know of similar apps that can be used in flight for navigation, containing charts, approach plates, etc?
    05-11-12 07:21 AM
    We are trying to get AnywhereMap Freedom onto the PlayBook. Several here and current customers on other formats (Windoze) have asked Control Vision to port over the android version to PlayBook. See the separate thread.

Sales girl from CV said they tried, but I do not believe it. Need to get Alec Saunders to contact them since this would be an awesome vertical professional level app.

AnywhereMap works well on the crappy android tablets. But it needs to be on the superior PlayBook hardware.
    05-11-12 07:47 AM
    Does it work well on 7" Android tablets or 10" tablets? If it's going to work well on the PB, it needs to be designed for the smaller screen.
    05-11-12 08:13 AM
    Has anyone heard anymore word on this?
    06-04-12 11:39 PM
    I am also looking for such a solution

I emailed a few dev ... from Garmin ( https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=422&pID=115856 ) to Avilution ( Avilution – Software for Pilots - Software for Pilots )

The only answer I received was from Avilution ( Thanks you for that ) and they said "No plans at this time but it's at least on our radar map for consideration".

Hopefully 2.1.x.x will make it easier for developper to port their Android app.
    06-05-12 12:30 PM
    Control Vision told me that AnywhereMap does not work on the PlayBook because of the development environment CV is using. I also tried a sideload of one of the beta releases to the PB, and it shuts down on startup of the app. Control Vision is a small company so focusing on the largest hardware markets: apple and android.

This sucks, but a result of the current market environment for a small vertical market for a very complex nav app.
    06-05-12 04:05 PM
    Straight from Foreflight... 10 seconds ago

Hello Remington,

We have no plans for Blackberry either at this time.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you!

Janessa Mehalko
    ForeFlight Pilot Support
    ForeFlight LLC
    04-17-13 09:42 AM
    Foreflight has always been adamant that they are buidling apps for iOS only. They'll never build ForeFlight for android either.
    05-23-13 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD