The jump jet technique is no secret, I gave that one up over a week ago.

Its not about quickly throwing a craft together then bashing all the launch buttons on GO. Your working on 3 things. 1. Balance of the craft. 2. Placement of the rockets/cans for thrust. 3. Firing order to stop rotation.

You can have all your rockets giving forward thrust, you need at least one to give lift, and probably 2 to stop and balance the rotation of lift. *Hint* I use a rocket for lift by pointing it downwards causing rotation (pushes back of craft down, and with forward thrust you go up). But you need very finely tuned rockets to stop it spinning out of control.

I can now hit the current wall with 5 rockets and 2 soda cans. Takes balance and timing on firing sequence.
    11-23-12 04:46 PM
    So i'm still number 1. Not actually played the game for a week, looking forward to an update! Any chance the dev can give us a sneaky peekie at whats coming in the next version and when we can expect it?
    11-29-12 05:13 AM
    So i'm still number 1. Not actually played the game for a week, looking forward to an update! Any chance the dev can give us a sneaky peekie at whats coming in the next version and when we can expect it?
    Me.. I'm actually getting quite impatient, waiting for an update. I play a few rounds once in a while to try to luck out and out-do your score, but I soon put it down.

I understand the dev could be working on some cool new features, but how hard would it be to release an interim update just to push out the "wall", to satisfy the bunch of us who can't go any further.

*sigh....*
    11-29-12 08:49 PM
    I've only reached 791 cm, I don't know what kind of magic are you doing
    11-30-12 06:46 PM
    ^Yes, are you guys sure that you'll are doing +1000 on 5 rockets?

How do you manage to generate enough thrust. :O
    11-30-12 08:28 PM
    How is the distance even measured? I can consistently hit the wall at 1726.89, but rarely get this as the final distance fluctuates and seems to be based on the bounceback. So i presume it's not the horizontal distance, otherwise everyone who hits the wall would have the same score! Sometimes i hit it without the ground in sight, other times near the base of the wall. It almost always produces the same score. Even if i started further back it wouldnt matter, the counter doesnt start until i leave the ramp.
    12-01-12 01:15 PM
    Your final distance is based on where a part of your craft or your bug lands. so when you hit the wall you bounce back so the distance goes back until something hits the ground.

As for travelling 1000+ with 5 rockets and 3 soda cans. its quite easy, I can travel 100-ish on 4 rockets and no cans. Its all down to craft design and firing order. Stick at it you'll be chasing my tail in no time.
    12-02-12 01:54 PM
    I can travel 300 with 4 rockets and no cans but I always crash with a cloud
    12-02-12 02:19 PM
    Sorry bucko... you've been ousted!

In all fairness, I just plain lucked out. It looks like any one of us in the top 6 could be the "leader" once the wall is pushed out.. if and when that ever occurs. grrr....
    12-03-12 08:44 AM
    How much have I've been ousted by? Must be a tiny margin.... I tried for about a week to extend my distance even by fractions, but never accomplished it. So whomever has beaten me deserves a pat on the back.

Yup with my current setup i'm good for another 200-ish cm based on my height on wall crash. I'll be looking forward to new features to see how much further we can all go.
    12-03-12 09:55 AM
    Actually.. I was surprised to see the margin that I overtook you. I beat your 1727.23 with 1727.42. With the number of times I've scored in the 1726's with an almost perfect corner landing, I didn't think it could actually go higher than your score.
    12-03-12 12:13 PM
    Guess I'll be busy tonight trying to win back 1st place.
    12-03-12 01:12 PM
    I learned your secret craft flying technique but I bump into the "wall" too fast and got my craft thrown in opposite way, damn it
    12-03-12 03:36 PM
    Its no secret the technique, its well documented in previous posts. Only my craft itself is secret!

Looks like i'm now world number 2, my craft is too good and smashes off the wall so fast and high that it bounced back miles lol.
    12-03-12 05:01 PM
    I'm getting closer, I'm number 36 now with 1141.12!
    12-03-12 06:57 PM
    Here is simple super craft: 4 wood planks, 4 rockets and lady bug
    12-04-12 03:03 AM
    I'm close to giving up. Tried wheels, tried what I think is 'jump jet' but can;t get much distance with either. Jump Jet just spins manically and breaks up, even something simple like a box with rockets and sodas. As for a firing order, tried lots but no joy, once it goes it's too quick to spin and unstable. Enjoyed the game to begin with but now, lack of understanding of the properties of all the parts (big wheels vs small, wood vs metal, props vs cans etc) and inability to save promising machines and thus having to start from scratch is becoming frustrating. I'm not looking to hit the wall but just understanding what I'm doing right/wrong would be a start.
    12-04-12 03:15 AM
    Your rockets need to be balanced to cancel out the rotation. i.e. don't have them all pointing in exactly the same direction. You need at least 2 for upwards/sideways lift. 1 or 2 for horizontal thrust and at least 1 to counter rotation, so probably pointing down slightly. You Need to fire the up-thrust and balancing down thrust at the same time so they trim the craft in flight.

Plus your craft can't be top heavy, or bottom, or side heavy, so your rockets will probably be smattered all over your craft!
    JimiDiGriz likes this.
    12-04-12 04:40 AM
    249.7 cm. WOOP!
    12-04-12 06:39 AM
    Your rockets need to be balanced to cancel out the rotation. i.e. don't have them all pointing in exactly the same direction. You need at least 2 for upwards/sideways lift. 1 or 2 for horizontal thrust and at least 1 to counter rotation, so probably pointing down slightly. You Need to fire the up-thrust and balancing down thrust at the same time so they trim the craft in flight.

Plus your craft can't be top heavy, or bottom, or side heavy, so your rockets will probably be smattered all over your craft!

Interesting... mine is nothing like you describe. Well, let's just say that I have a ladybug too.
    12-04-12 12:57 PM
    Cool! Well its good to know there are alternative ways crack a nut!
    12-04-12 04:06 PM
    I have maxed out at 800cm. I don't think there's anymore I can do
    12-06-12 07:16 AM
    Really like this game. Tnx
    12-07-12 03:56 PM
    Still no update....
    12-12-12 05:56 AM
    Update available - I like what I see so far. Replay - Undo Redo - Rebuild and it looks like a hint feature is available in the menu if you want to turn it on - may have been there, I never looked. Let me know if the WALL HAS BEEN MOVED
    12-13-12 09:38 PM
275 ... 56789 ...