Does anyone know if there's an app or any other way to find text within a webpage (such as what CTRL + F would accomplish on a browser within Windows)? Thanks in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-11 09:50 AM
    Not that I've found. Here's hoping that's included in the 2.0 release,or sooner would be nice but I'm banking on 2.0. The first time I used the PlayBook browser and wanted to search for something on a page, I pulled up the keyboard and pressed the letter "F" for find. That's how I do it on my BB. but that was a no-go also.
    Last edited by axllebeer; 12-04-11 at 11:35 AM.
    12-04-11 11:30 AM
    Yeah, I'm rather disappointed so far with the PlayBook. I'm pretty sure I'm not the target customer for it. Pretty sure I'm returning it in the next few days, after waiting a week or two for it to come in on a pre-order as everyone is sold out of 'em these days :-o

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-11 11:37 AM
    this is something km actually searching for at the moment. is there an app or 2.0?
    01-24-12 07:51 PM
    Sideload the Android Browser bar on OS2. Swipe down, select Find on Page.

AFAIK this isnt built into the RIM QNXWebStageView - it doesnt directly allow much for post processing in the HTML. But there are some possibilities assuming they update and finish documenting the webkit.

I thought about hobbling something together - but from what I have seen in upcoming code this might be plausible without an abnormal handler.

In otherwords, Im looking at it too for Secure but I need to see what they change in OS2 before I put coding time into it.
    01-24-12 10:13 PM
    Sideload the Android Browser bar on OS2. Swipe down, select Find on Page.

AFAIK this isnt built into the RIM QNXWebStageView - it doesnt directly allow much for post processing in the HTML. But there are some possibilities assuming they update and finish documenting the webkit.

I thought about hobbling something together - but from what I have seen in upcoming code this might be plausible without an abnormal handler.

In otherwords, Im looking at it too for Secure but I need to see what they change in OS2 before I put coding time into it.
    I am still somewhat surprised that 8 months into the pb, we still canNOT search in a webpage. And I find that the issue of whether this will be available in OS2 changes still in doubt very odd. Not blaming you but shouldn't rim have provided the tools for OS2 to developers by this point in time? The tools for this 8 to 9 month old platform are still seriously lagging!

Maybe Rim should just send each pb owner a magnifying glass so we can more easily search for a word/term on the webpage.
    KermEd likes this.
    01-25-12 10:45 AM
    Just use Dolphin Browser until RIM brings the Find feature to the native browser .
    You can download it on the App World for free.
    04-07-12 04:22 PM
    Secure Browser now also has a search function (thanks, Kermed)
    KermEd likes this.
    04-07-12 08:32 PM
    It seems to be working well too . Sometimes you need to use it twice i find to work properly o. Some google pages
    04-08-12 01:50 PM
    Another vote for Secure browser
    KermEd likes this.
    04-08-12 04:48 PM
    I'm glad the PB is actually moving forward, despite the image it seems to have been getting :-)
    KermEd likes this.
    04-08-12 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD