Seems like my never-ending hunt for a GTD solution that crosses the borders of Blackberry phone, Playbook and Mac is finally coming to an end!

Conqu - A powerful multi-platform task management tool released ConquSync - Please Sign In today.
    ConquSync also comes with desktop version (which looks like the tablet. Actually it is the same, they're both Adobe Air).

It is by far the best GTD application on the Playbook.
    With conqusync service, you can now sync your tasks online with the desktop versions Windows and Mac. The Linux is coming soon I guess? (It's Air after all)

And for the blackberry phone, no app yet and I guess there won't be one until a QNX phone is around, but you can use the web browser version.

Works pretty well for me!
    Using projects, contexts, tags to organize .
    Mine is actually a hybrid of Covey Roles and GTD

Inbox: for dumping everything out of your head to process later
    Today: view tasks Due Today or scheduled for Today

Projects for projects
    GTD definition of a project: A project is anything that requires more than one task to finish.

Contexts for Roles (Covey Roles) like
    Personal
    Job
    Student
    Freelance
    Family

and then Tags for contexts/situation such as

agenda (for people related tasks)
    computer (anything done infront of the computer)
    errands (anything I need to get outside the house on my way or something)
    mobile (things I can do on the move on the PB or BB phone)
    habit (to remind myself every morning for habits)

With Conqu, when I'm in the bus/train or whatever, I fire up my mobile tag.
    If I don't feel like doing any Work-work, then I stay in the Personal role context.
    Before I leave the house I always check errands tag.
    Always checking computer tag for when am infront of one.
    And of course, the view "All" button when I want to glimpse at everything I need to do...

If you use Conqu, or any other GTD, how do you use your tags/contexts/projects etc to organize?
    menaknow likes this.
    09-12-11 07:45 PM
    Thanks, I've been looking for tools to help with my GTD system.

I'll give it a try. Can't beat that free price tag.

If you use Conqu, or any other GTD, how do you use your tags/contexts/projects etc to organize?
    Mostly I use Outlook at the moment as I haven't found a tool I like. I have created folders which I use for Context. Color categories allow me to group items together.
    09-12-11 10:06 PM
    i personally use Nozbe and the mobile site on the Playbook, i am looking at Conqu. Another candidate is Evernote. Googling that will get you a few strategies.
    09-13-11 10:24 AM
    09-13-11 10:33 AM
    I've tried Evernote. It fails badly. It only fails because of the under-developed mobile apps. The BB phone app sucks so much its ridiculously slow. The PB app isn't all that much better either. Its a great idea, but it feels like usuing a cake knife on steak. Conqu offers a better solution with at least the tablet app very well designed. And a mobile version if the QNX phones are a hit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-11 11:09 PM
    Hi everyone,

As a productivity-geek I just recentely released a new app that extends the power of the native blackberry PIM (tasks, memos, contacts).
    Its a GTD(Getting Things Done) app, with focus on simplicity and integration with the core blackberry features.

Check out the features to understand what makes it different!
    WiseTasks for BlackBerry | GTD for BlackBerry
    04-21-12 06:11 AM
    Appworld says it's not compatible with the Playbook?

Gordon
    04-21-12 06:28 AM
    Hi Gordon,

That's correct the App is for smartphones only.
    But has it works solely with the native tasks and memos, you can use bridge to view/edit/create data, which then can be used back in the smartphone. If you learn the simple keywords of the app, you can put tasks in the appropriate lists and contexts.

Nuno
    04-21-12 09:22 AM
    Hi,

I need my GTD lists to sync across multiple devices: smartphone, tablet, desktop computer. So far for Mac users not on BES that is Toodledo and the numerous 3rd party apps that sync to it. Personally I use Pocket Informant (BlackBerry), Ultimate To-Do List (ported Android) and Appigo ToDo. toodleTasks Tablet is a native PlayBook app if you don't want an Android app.

I see Viira for PlayBook is now in beta version on AppWorld.
    04-21-12 06:34 PM
    Conqu is great!

This is an app that i would have paid for! The UI is really clean and simple and just works!

Use it on my Mac, iPhone and Playbook seamlessly!

Their nominal monthly charge is well worth it!
    04-22-12 05:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD