Just noticed V5.0 of files and folders got released with skydrive support built in! The playbook is finally complete for me
    Innovatology likes this.
    09-17-12 01:28 PM
    It's a nice upgrade! seems to be working very well..
    09-17-12 01:33 PM
    One of my most used apps, DAILY. But - I can't remember what the old UI looked like! Seems like it was better than the light / dark option now? Anyone have or can take a screenshot of the 4.xbefore they upgrade and share it?

None the less - love Files and Folders and think it's tops. Thanks Innovatology.
    Innovatology likes this.
    09-17-12 02:16 PM
    One of my most used apps, DAILY. But - I can't remember what the old UI looked like! Seems like it was better than the light / dark option now? Anyone have or can take a screenshot of the 4.xbefore they upgrade and share it?

None the less - love Files and Folders and think it's tops. Thanks Innovatology.
    Here you go:
    09-17-12 02:20 PM
    Here are the new choices, first is "Dark" and second is "Light".

Kinda seems the older version is easier on the eyes? Maybe just me - but I like the two-tone icons and two-tone solid folders. I'm ok with files section on the new "Light" option, but white letters over dark background on files section of "Dark" seems more difficult to read / less "clear" than the older version. It's almost like the brightness of the white outlined folders are too "bright" and wash out the folder names. I can read Folder in that column easier than I can read the folder name next to the folder icon.

As is, I like the older look better, but if the "brightness" of the folder icons could be dialed back on the "Dark", I think I'd go with it

But, then again, maybe it's just my 45 year old / daily media stressed eyes?

EDIT>>>>>>> After posting, noticed on the thumbnail how the little white folder icons "pop" and are so bright!

Hope this comes across as constructive, certainly remains one of my daily/constant use apps for my job!
    Last edited by DocDRM; 09-17-12 at 02:57 PM.
    09-17-12 02:53 PM
    Am quite liking the new light version
    09-17-12 03:16 PM
    Nice redesign. This will totally kill with BB10.

Keep the good work!
    09-17-12 05:58 PM
    Can you access your network data with this app?
    09-17-12 08:43 PM
    Don't like the latest UI changes, wish they had an option to switch back to the old style.
    09-18-12 08:35 AM
    A "must have" app in my (Play)book. Inclusion of skydrive is great I actually quite like the new UI.
    09-18-12 08:41 AM
    I like back arrow on the top left corner.
    09-18-12 09:19 AM
    Now compatible with Skydrive... WOOT! Now I can die happy...

Faster and smoother too.
    09-18-12 06:32 PM
    love this app. this app always holds the standard to what any other file app needs to meet. its still waiting for a real challenger. keep up the great work guys!
    DocDRM likes this.
    09-18-12 07:48 PM
    it would be best if it can integrate fully with the cloud providers (ie syncs automatically upon file update rather that needing to download/upload the changes).
    09-18-12 09:05 PM
    it would be best if it can integrate fully with the cloud providers (ie syncs automatically upon file update rather that needing to download/upload the changes).
    Cloud apps on tablets tend to not sync automatically for fear of taking up too much space on the tablet (and possibly using too much cellular data on tablets that have that feature).
    09-18-12 11:46 PM
    Am I missing something? I'm only seeing the trial of version 5 in App World. No upgrade is being offered for V4 in "My World".
    09-18-12 11:58 PM
    Cloud apps on tablets tend to not sync automatically for fear of taking up too much space on the tablet (and possibly using too much cellular data on tablets that have that feature).
    Perhaps a workaround like selective sync? manual dload/upload takes a bit of time, esp when i need to work on a few documents when i am mobile.
    09-19-12 12:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD