The title says it. I have 2 file manager apps, and neither one can find files on my BB since installing the leaked Android player, even when it's not running. Any ideas?
    07-24-11 05:45 AM
    I haven't run into that particular problem, believe me, it was something I was concerned about. I bridge two BBs, one BES, and the other BIS. I didn't want to screw with my PB. Thank goodness it worked. Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the APLayer?
    07-24-11 05:51 AM
    I haven't run into that particular problem, believe me, it was something I was concerned about. I bridge two BBs, one BES, and the other BIS. I didn't want to screw with my PB. Thank goodness it worked. Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the APLayer?
    I have not. What's the cleanest way to delete the APlayer?
    07-24-11 06:02 AM
    Press and hold the Android Player Icon until it throbs or wobbles, and then select the small trash can under it. Some people have reported that they need to reboot their PBs before the APLayer actually deletes.
    07-24-11 06:05 AM
    Hmmm.... I deleted the Android Player, rebooted the PB, but My File Manage and Files and Folders still can't find the BB's SD card. Maybe it wasn't related to the Android player after all. Or maybe it broke something that merely deleting the player doesn't fix.

Edit: I'm in the process of reinstalling the PB OS to see if this fixes the problem.
    Last edited by ubizmo; 07-24-11 at 02:02 PM.
    07-24-11 01:26 PM
    Update: Reinstalling the OS, presumably obliterating all traces of the Android player, didn't solve the problem. Both file manager programs are reinstalled, and both can't see the BB SD card files. File Browser can see the BB Device Memory only. Could the Android Player have permanently broken something? It's hard to see how.
    07-24-11 03:02 PM
    it's not working either on my playbook and I've never installed the android app.
    On app world a lot of people are reporting the same thing.

My guess it's because of the last OS update, not sure which file manager you have, I have "file browser" and an update just showed in app world.

Edit : still doesn't work with the update
    Last edited by snowfree52; 07-25-11 at 04:01 AM.
    07-25-11 03:32 AM
    well i cant see them either and I never installed the Android player so go figure.

Blaming the wrong culprit perhaps? This is how innocent people get put in jail....
    Have you checked since upgrading the OS?
    07-25-11 04:47 AM
    well yesterday afternoon I tried again in file browser and it worked like a charm
    07-26-11 12:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD