- CrackBerry Newbie
- 2 Posts
File and Folders app cut and paste issue
Hi, I recently got a playbook but i'm having issues with the Files and Folders app, I use google docs and this app seemed the only way to edit them on the playbook, its not ideal as you have to download them, edit them, then cut and paste them back to google which seems a very long process.
But I created a new doc using docs to go, saved it to the documents folder then cut and past it in Files and Folders app from the documents folder on the playbook to my Google Drive, however it creates the file on google but when you open it either on google or back on the playbook its now a blank document, I've tried a few different docs and all the same.
Has anyone else had this, or am I doing something wrong? or is there a better way?
- CrackBerry Master
11-20-12, 08:49 AM #4
- 1,273 Posts
We've investigated this issue and found that is not caused by Files & Folders. Word files created by Docs To Go are incorrectly converted to Google format, even when uploaded via the Google Drive website without using Files & Folders at all.
The problem is either in Docs To Go or in the Google Docs conversion. We will file a bug report to RIM.
Until this issue is resolved we recommend disabling automatic conversion for Google Docs and maintaining the Word 2003 format on upload. You can configure this in Files & Folders:
- swipe down
- tap Settings
- go to the Google Drive
- scroll down to When I paste (upload) to Google Drive, convert these files to Google Document Files
- remove the checkmark before Word 2003 files
- By APlaceinthesun in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 5Last Post: 06-08-12, 03:23 AM
- By normvaled in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 1Last Post: 10-11-09, 12:20 AM
- By normvaled in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 10-11-09, 12:20 AM
- By oceansea in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 4Last Post: 10-05-09, 03:31 PM
- By ltrtiger in forum Storm 3rd Party AppsReplies: 3Last Post: 02-13-09, 11:39 AM