Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Herve5
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default File and Folders app cut and paste issue

Hi, I recently got a playbook but i'm having issues with the Files and Folders app, I use google docs and this app seemed the only way to edit them on the playbook, its not ideal as you have to download them, edit them, then cut and paste them back to google which seems a very long process.

But I created a new doc using docs to go, saved it to the documents folder then cut and past it in Files and Folders app from the documents folder on the playbook to my Google Drive, however it creates the file on google but when you open it either on google or back on the playbook its now a blank document, I've tried a few different docs and all the same.

Has anyone else had this, or am I doing something wrong? or is there a better way?

Thanks,

Mark
    CrackBerry Addict

did you contact the dev?
    (I have F&F but no Google account...)
    Innovatology likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Mark, send us an e-mail (bb.support at innovatology.nl) so we can troubleshoot your problem. Could you include the original .doc file? We'll treat it confidentially of course.
    ORBIT for BB10 - The World In Your Pocket - World, Time, Weather in spectacular 3D. Demo on our site!

Files & Folders
    for PlayBook and BB10: a powerful unified file, folder & cloud manager and media streamer with integrated SkyDrive, Google Docs, Google Drive, SugarSync, Dropbox, Box, thumbnails and more - Free 3-day trial! - Voted Best New BlackBerry App
    CrackBerry Master

We've investigated this issue and found that is not caused by Files & Folders. Word files created by Docs To Go are incorrectly converted to Google format, even when uploaded via the Google Drive website without using Files & Folders at all.

The problem is either in Docs To Go or in the Google Docs conversion. We will file a bug report to RIM.

Until this issue is resolved we recommend disabling automatic conversion for Google Docs and maintaining the Word 2003 format on upload. You can configure this in Files & Folders:

• swipe down
    • tap Settings
    • go to the Google Drive
    • scroll down to When I paste (upload) to Google Drive, convert these files to Google Document Files
    • remove the checkmark before Word 2003 files
    ORBIT for BB10 - The World In Your Pocket - World, Time, Weather in spectacular 3D. Demo on our site!

Files & Folders
    for PlayBook and BB10: a powerful unified file, folder & cloud manager and media streamer with integrated SkyDrive, Google Docs, Google Drive, SugarSync, Dropbox, Box, thumbnails and more - Free 3-day trial! - Voted Best New BlackBerry App
    CrackBerry Newbie

I had the same problem in files and folders till I realized when renaming I had deleted the .jpg file extension.put it back and all was good